Orr89rocz's 1989 Camaro Iroc-z 5.7L

http://thumb4.webshots.net/t/24/565/8/51/70/2332851700096720624fxgslO_th.jpg

Fuel line kit! TPI lines to LTx fuel rails

I’m ready to start.

is it done yet

no aint started…gonna start tonight i think after the hockey game

done yet?

no actually i think i’m quitting this swap… i’m having a hell of a time gettin the bolt holes drilled and lined up right and there is still lots to do after that and i’m thinking its not worth it. i dont feel like workin on it anymore i’m too frustrated…

soooooo i’m selling off all my shit and getting a Holley Stealth Ram

wussy,just DO IT

money, money…monaaaaaaaaaaaaay

:stupid:

just take your time and it will be fine. don’t quit just because too difficult

theres more than just the reason of its difficult. sorry this is long message but my reasoning is here and i been thinkin about it alot. my head hurts

the bolt holes technically arent that difficult its just that it takes lots of time (especially with a shitty dremel tool) to grind them to the right angle or fix the location of a badly placed drill hole. Got to grind the hole out and then fill the excess space with that quiksteel

I’m signed up for Dyno Day 3 on June 30th… with my schedule i dont think i can get it done by then if i continue with the LT1…and i dont wanna back out now!!!

BUT the big thing that worries me is that the quiksteel is like a ceramic when dried…its brittle and it has been breaking up so far with alittle bit of a bump and i dont want that to happen while its on the motor. cuz i got two BIG chunks of that shit under neath to block off the EGR ports and i dont need them falling off. I"m not gonna trust them to that heat of that motor

And another thing is that I already have about 430 dollars invested into this project. Hell i should have just sent the manifold off to the LT1intake guy when he WAS doing the intakes last year for 280 bucks i would have gotten the manifold converted along with the throttle bracket and thermostat housing. i could have pieced the rest together for under 150 bucks. that brings the total to 530. Thats with stock LT1 regulator.
downside to this is that the conversion uses JBweld additions to the manifold just like I used so again, i dont wanna trust that…and LT1 intakes even with abit of material added dont cover up some good bigger aftermarket heads which i want to run whenever i get a new motor for the car

HSR is about 550 with adjustable fuel regulator. then i’d need to make fuel lines with fittings and hoses i think i could do that for 100 bucks or so, just like the LT1 swap fuel line kit i bought.

so only 100 bucks more for a superior intake that i can be confident that it will work…and fit future heads/applications well.

I think i can salvage near 200-250 bucks from what i spent so far so not all is lost here.

makes sense
good luck with whatever you decide to do then

hope you get it done before dyno day, i want to see what it can do

well FUCK!

summit is out of stock and on back order till July 6th!!

Jegs wants 80 more dollars for it and thunderracing wants 50 more bucks for it!! god damn it!

i may have to continue on that LT1 anyway…i’ll what i can do tommorrow afternoon

hope you get it done before dyno day, i want to see what it can do

dont expect much…it aint anything special… only goes mid 13’s at 98 or so on a good day…thats around 230-240whp i guess. couldnt get the converter to lockup early enough so i couldnt get a good HP reading. and that day i forgot to plug back in the EST wiring when i advanced the timing so i was down power. it ran 14.0 at 94mph on a 1.79 60 foot i think with that wire disconnected and put down 200whp even tho the converter locked up after peak should have been made. so i guess i’m around 230-240…somewhere in there

:blah:

have jegs pricematch it

i may look into jegs pricing that if i dont win the ebay auction for a stealth ram that i’m bidding on now

in the mean time i’m still workin to complete the LT1

got all the bolt holes finished finally. it will bolt up but the angles of the bolts doesnt leave me much room to get the torx head bit onto the bolts so i dont know if i will be able to reuse the TPI bolts its just impossible to get to the tops so i may need another style bolt…not sure what will work as some of them are pretty damn angled and close the plenum that i really dont think i can get them on.

now time to play with the distributor hole…this shall be very interesting.

sweet…glad to see ur still try’n to get this finished Justin oops i mean MPHBOY :smiley:

quiksteel is some good shit man. I’ve got it on my throttle body now and the blower case I’m gonna use…all in the intake, so if it comes off it’s gonna cause some problems. I wouldn’t sweat it

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/1213/0002301ef1.jpg

used to be an EGR hole and a slight divit there on the bottom…now nothing!