Osad's CA Build

(+1)

200 whp is cake for a CA18DET buld. I remember years back on Nico a dude was running over 500hp on a stock bottom end with just upgraded pistons, gasket, headstuds, and valve springs on the inside. Strong iron block for piss cheap, you can’t go wrong as long as you are willing to ship in parts from Japan and Europe.

Have fun man. I always wanted to go CA when I was younger, so I am really stoked on this build.

Small oil drips…Nothing wrong with the head.

who is this guy…? Dan good stuff buddy its gonna be awesome when its done

Mikal is a buddy of mine. Nobody mind him.

thanks Cody and feint for the good words. Should be an update in regards to the condition of the bottom end internals today. Im gitty to find out whats going on in there!

Dan, sorry to make your penis soft but there will be no action updates for today.

I’m going to rip my sled in BC tomorrow and I’m busy prepping it.

Have fun dood :smiley:

Sleding in the mountains rules all. One of the most exhilerating day of my life. Awsome.
Be safe

peace

hey nick r u rebuilding this motor for OSAD out of all aftermarket stuff?

P.S. u know i got my eye on this thread :wink: keep in touch b.

He is :slight_smile:

I will be doing whatever Dan buys in parts. haha

P.S. I found alot of shavings in zee oil Danny…I hope its just that bearing that pooft. :/:

sheds a tear

Small update for today. I got the whole thing torn apart and found some good and bad things. #2 Rod bearing was all kinds of jacked.

Good: Block is in perfect condition because it was the rod bearing and not the crank bearing that spun.

Bad: Crank and connecting rod have damage from spun bearing. They both need to be re-ground. All bearings have lots of wear because of debris from bearing and need to be replaced (most likely was going to do it anyways). Oil pump may be fucked aswell.

Pics:

Misc stuff:

Pistons:

Crank, caps, girdle, block:

Whats left of #2 rod bearing:

I’m getting machining prices today and tomorrow to see what its going to cost.

…Nick

Damn, first im seeing of these pics. Looks like lots of fun ahead ahahaha!

GG Nicolai :slight_smile:

So it’s been about two weeks since the last update…

Since then, I have sourced out a new crank and #2 rod that I got in Edmonton for cheap (I just drove 685km’s for it today). For some reason machining here is about twice as much as in Ontario and was easier to just get another one.

The “new” crank measures out perfectly and saves alot of time and grief.

All 4 rod bearing clearance is exactly where I wan’t them to be…0.0015"…nice.

More, larger updates will hopefully come in not to distant future.

Pics:

Not a large update, but one hell of a win in the long war.

Next steps include decking, new main bearings, and possibly some new piston rings!

GL & keep going.

Shit looks dope!!!

Fap
S12 hatch is my fav silvia but i dont like the notchbacks :stuck_out_tongue: nor the tail lights for that matter, though shaved makes it look alil more nice and work equip rims

Thanks for the compliments.

The S12 notch grows on you, its an acquired taste. Check out an RS-X coupe, and you’ll understand.