Osad's CA Build

Noice, their OEM gasket kit is at a really great price aswell.

Small update for today:

Got the head and block decked, which was done in only 2 hours to my surprise. :slight_smile:

Head isn’t fully cleaned yet as there is still some pesky carbon which I just wont stand to have. haha

Block has still yet to be painted a nice matte black.

Pics, enjoy!

Head mating surface:

Block mating surface:

More updates to come!

Bomb diggity. Shit’s startin to fly mannnn!

^^Agreed… lol

besides that that Ca block looks super solid nice to see a complete rebuild taking place

wow… I miss this car. looking way much better than when I owned it. GJ!

Thanks Pat :smiley:

horray for ca’s:)

Some small progress lately.

I have the front timing covers painted (only bottom shown), I can’t seem to grasp what the actual colour looks like with this camera. Looks dope IMO in person.

Entire engine gasket kit, piston rings, and accessory belts ordered from FRSport today and should arrive very soon.

Pics:

builds lookin good dude, That purple is sick, I bet the pic where its leaning against the head is the closest to the actual color in person! …badass man…keep up the good work!

Slowly coming together! Pics look fukn wicked Nick!

No, they are all actually way off from the real colour. haha

It’s weird to look at. Any change in light does dramatic changes to the colour.

It’s a candy over chrome.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Ok…WTF is this 20 minute edit shit? Gay

Here are some more pics:

The last pic is the closest to the real colour but IDK what happened to it in Photo Paint?? Double image.

Looks sharp!

Some more updates!

All the painting is pretty much done and it all looks great. I honed the block and now its good to assemble. Last big item parts arrived from FRSport this week. It’s all starting to come together!!!

Enjoy the pics!

Where the magic happens… :wink:

And yes, that is a furnace…boo-yah heated working space.

I’m going to be needing some of this after today. It is St. Paddy’s day after alll…

More updates to come in the near future!

Mannnn, gettin bon4rs here nick!!

So its been about 2 weeks since I last updated this and ALOT has been done.

Bottom end is completely assembled and so is the head. I took a pic of it mostly test fitted to see how the colour scheme is going to look. Semi-gloss black on that purple is awesome.

Shipping crate was made today and getting ready to slap the head on and all the rest of the accessories. It’s all starting to really come together and not much more work until she’s done!

Enjoy the pics!

I told you Dan that the stubborn carbon wasn’t getting away from me :slight_smile:

Jeez man, talk about takin’ it to the next level. Workmanship here is unreal!

Amazing man. Simply amazing.

Good work Nick!

Metalcast purple!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_13cLvSGWGh4/SegF-iQidaI/AAAAAAAACh4/FDq4_hcojiU/s320/highfive_Borat.gif

Hey !

I’m almost doing the same kind of rebuild right now… except i start with a cleaner base.

I was wondering … U just put new std ring size on original cleaned piston ?

About what did it cost you to do it ?

thank you