OSAP money into your car

We may have had a thread on this before but i was just talking about a minute or so ago.

I remember in the second semester of my first year of university i had an extra $2k from OSAP… i put $1000 in a GIC and then bought my Apexi N1 Dual, which i still own today… 5 years later…lol

So, how did you spend your OSAP on your car?

oh my… i built 3 cars on that money. audi 90 Q turbo, ae86 restoration, sil80

GT

i didnt get osap… now i have 200$ and no car

(with me at rez btw)
-Matt

hmmm OSAP

I’m going into first year. How is OSAP delegated? cause i applied and i heard it depended on your parents’ tax brackets?

Yeah, I can remeber my first year of college. For whatever reason my OSAP was super late, by the time it showed up, I had already bought my books and hussled to pay off sem 1, and the college put me on monthly payment plans for the second semester…

I think I bought Z32 front brakes with it

First year, I spent my remaining OSAP monies on Tein Flex coilovers. I’m gonna have like $400 left this year but I don’t know what I’m gonna spend it on.

Btw if you leave the country right after your studies do they chase you down for there money. or like send the mountee’s lool. Since were on the education topic what year do universities pay attention to your transcripts, some people say grade 11 and first semester 12 and some people say just 12.

OSAP said I was too rich for them.

Mo, they do consider grade 11, but mostly your grade 12 first semester marks. Those first semester marks get submitted, and based on that you will get in or not. But dont start slacking off after that because they can take back your acceptance if your grades slip…

Dammit that was my evil scheme all along, The Education System has once again foiled my plans but i will be back.

oh and btw thanks Dan

And Osap rules i should definitly get approved next year.

I wish I put my OSAP money into a car… but I never saw that OSAP money that I got :frowning:
It all went to my student account to pay off my tuition (and OSAP money didn’t even cover all of the costs, LOL… damn university)

If your parents make a decent living you cant get OSAP… hurray for all of us with underachieving parent’s…

it also helps if you have multiple siblings.

I qualified for financial need and ended up with a couple grand in scholarships on top of OSAP every year… you know how no one ever applies for scholarships and bursaries because they never think they will get it? yeah, you lose.

I never got OSAP, but I did get bursaries and shieet. And it all goes into the car. And underage midget hookers.

Osap- Ontario Silvia Assistance Program

No, its Ontario Suicide Assistance Program

no its Ontario Salad Afcianados Program

I didn’t OSAP, but my sister did as there were now two of us in university at the same time. I paid my way down holding jobs during school: Pub Bartender, Walksafer and I worked for the Registrar’s office.

Lucky me though, I still had some monies owed, but I got a position right away. Paid it off, went back for my postgrad, and paid that off overseas.

No debt right now… well except wedding expenses, and a mortgage soon :frowning: boo for debt…

I barely built my car during school…because it was a tempo!

using osap money on cars is stupid

going into debt for a car is stupid too