Out of State, Traffic Citation

So is it true that the points transfer now? I got hit coming back from Florida in North Carolina for a speeding ticket, I keep hearing different stories from people on this. Never had a ticket in another state before so any help would be nice :bigthumb:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=343693

It appears the answer is NO, actually

“Although reported to PENNDOT, minor traffic offenses such as
speeding, red light, stop sign, etc. will NOT appear on your driving
record. Points will not be assessed to your PA driving record when
convicted of a point related offense in a DLC member state.”

I know off hand they dont transfer from Ohio (or atleast they didnt a year ago). I was coming back from Summit and got hit for doing 88 in a 65 and the cop flat out told me I wont get any points because I had an outta state license. I also had a speeding ticket in WV and didnt get any points as well

dont worry. send the fine in and be done with it. i got busted in NC also no points… SC no points WV no points.

How the hell can you people afford to travel so much? lol

you know that stupid american thing called a job ?

one of my best friends live in s.carolina i use to visit him atleast once a year sometimes 2 times. free room and board.

all were on the way down there.

I made the trip to NC ever weekend to visit my wife. Cost me 200.00 a weekend and it was worth that. Not because of my wife but because NC is a nice state to live. Cops are cool as fuck and so are the people. I got pulled over twice but I got out of it both times. I also got pulled over on route 19 in Wv and I got out of that. I guess cops feel bad for me and let me go :).

PA is a non-reciprical state. That means that the points will not transfer. I know all about points/speeding tickets :smiley:

i would feel bad for you to if i met you for the first time. look at you for christ’s sake. :asshole

That must be it:sadwavey:

That’s crazy shit man! lol No I mean with gas prices. Sure I’m just part time right now because I’m a full time student but spending lots of money weekly in gas…

I wish points from Ross twp. didn’t transfer, I’ll be losing my license for a while from 5 citations last month :frowning:

5 in a month from the same place? That’s just poor planning.

Haha I know right…usually happens every two years or so…

Shoulda been in the Smart car. :smiley:

people down south don’t like us yankees, so I really dont even think that would have helped.

i am going with he meant you wouldnt have been able to speed:bigok:

let me rephrase my reply you quoted.

cops down SOUTH DO NOT LIKE people from the NORTH. Me driving in a car thats slow wouldn’t have mattered. See what im saying now? :bigthumb:

Slow learner?