Overboring

Ive abandoned my possible bmw project to look out new things, again.

How much would it cost, how long would my car be out of my hands for my Buick lesabre 3.8 to be bored over to 4.1.

I look at this as a what seems to be a good way to make nice reliable power without all those issues that come with Forced Induction systems.

Are there local shops or people who can do this on these boards?

Id love to support a local shop than go somewhere else. I also trust people on here than the average shop.

Thanks in advance, and i do expect some redicule for this possible decision.

Is there a reason for the 4.1 number? I’d trust a well designed FI kit (supercharging in particular) with moderate gains over a custom big bore project.

waste of money

That number was given to me by my mechanic who did it to a 89 century.

The thing is with the cost of the good SC kits…there damn pricey.

Im looking for that Cheap power thing…

you gotta pay to play

save up, do forced induction. Overboring could run into worse problems than forced induction

A bit of wisdom: Cheap power breaks.

Good
Fast
Cheap

Pick two.

haha, im trying to cheat, im on a low income…hahaha

you arent going to gain anything worthwhile by spending a G on boring a 3.8 out to 4.1.

for another G You can probably swap in aboosted 3.8.

But, then, why would You? It’s a 94 lesabre.

Spend Your time and money to make it weigh less. Thats about the only Mod that I can endorse for that car.

another reason behind this move was it has 127k, i can get it all re honed and perfect compression etc…

The jist im getting is save up for something like a stage 2 SC or Turblo kit made for this car.

Unless there is a ridiculous amount of material on that 3.8 block, you will have to do more than boring it out. I would think that would require some stroking as well.

yea cheap and fast don’t really go together lol i’d say save your money towards somthing else for when this car dies

Well that was a quick decision, thanks guys.

Savearoo time

man i’m glad you just posted what you did at the end :tup:

smacks forehead just save up and buy a GTP or something

or buy a honda.

listen to minglor

a 94 lesabre was my first car actually, and being the ricer i was at the time, i knew well enough to save for a different car to try and make fast. I hope you see the light and so the same. just dont choose vw’s

The light is seen, im just a poor fuck

swerd.

fin.

Even with a Honduh you can only have Good & Cheap or Good & Fast.

I’m assuming the booick is paid for? and it runs? fuck man, just drive it.

buy a fox body stang / civic hatch / etc. as a project car.