overheating..

so my car was overheating, i pulled over, i went to add some water to the radiator, i thought maybe i had a leak, but it was still full, and i was only able to put a small amount of water in there… i put some in the reserve as well…

went to drive and it was getting hotter and hotter, i made it to work but it was riiight before the H on my temp guage…im def not takin the highways home…

thoughts since its not a leak issue?

stuck thermostat or broken waterpump

when u get back to the car, look and the overflow tank and see if it sucked up any of the water

sounds like ur thermostat might be locked up tho, does using the heater help at all?

thermostat

i turned on the heat half way, it did seem to helpa small bit, although on the way i home i may blast the heat full blast as i heard thats what u really have to do

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:4,topic:35863"”]

thermostat

[/quote]

:word:

same thing was happening to me. Ended up being that my thermostat was shot

yeah full blast is really the only way its going to dissipate enough heat to drop the temps. I had to do this once in the dead of summer, it sucked, but it worked.

whats normal cost for thermostat? honda del sol si, 1993

The part itself is like $10 maybe

just drive without the thermastat for the time being

yea, if you want i can pull the T stat in the parking lot if your afraid of making it home ,

[quote=“MicaH,post:8,topic:35863"”]

whats normal cost for thermostat? honda del sol si, 1993

[/quote]

you could stop playing helpless and call honda or autozone.

you should have had this fixed by now. its 2 bolts
pull it out and drive it to autozone, get the new one and toss it in.
oh, and top off the coolant.

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:12,topic:35863"”]

[/quote]

couldnt be easier

dont forget to burp the lines

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:12,topic:35863"”]

you could stop playing helpless and call honda or autozone.

[/quote]

hey fagzone this happened on the way to work today, im just gatherin thoughts here to see what u guys thought, its already getting taken care of :cry:

no big deal bro, sounds like a thermostat…cheap easy fix

thermostatttt

if the thermostat is stuck, the heater shouldn’t blow out any heat on the inside of the car.

[quote=“93z24,post:18,topic:35863"”]

if the thermostat is stuck, the heater shouldn’t blow out any heat on the inside of the car.

[/quote]

uhh no

If the thermostat is stuck open, the car will not heat up. If it’s stuck shut, then you will have more heat than you can handle. Easy fix, part should be about $10-$20. Don’t forget to get a new gasket as well