P-I-T-T. PITT, PITT, PITT!!

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/14749340/detail.html

wrong

yeah and if the reviewing is done by the conference wht does it matter to them… conflict of interest having conference officiating. in the the old days it was fine but too much money is involved now

politics and money rule everything.

just like LSU playing for the BCS championship with 2 loses!

a play off system is stupid and the bcs is stupid. i miss the old way. if there were split champs…so be it. i love college football for the fact its different than every sport and it gives you something to discuss till the next season because there is no TRUE champ. hawaii regardless of schedule go fucked. OSU plays many cupcakes as well. i fucken hate both teams in the national championship and probably wont watch.

shocked that you say that! ive been a 'bow fan since i was a kid. i love colt, bess, rivers, grice-mullen and everyone else! i dont think they got fucked but i still love them!

and if you wanna know i got a colt brennan jersey! i dont care if he raped bitches at colorado!

hahah

you would like the rainbows… lol

i say they got fucked because at last look…they have 0…ZERO losses… that deserves a shot at the national championship…

utah and BSU proved they belong so this was the perfect year to give a WAC team a shot… Its simple. you give them a shot, if they get blown out that rules any wac team out of future considerations, if they win…hey … they earned it… im 2007 i think anyone can beat anyone! App state, stanford… PITT… even hawaii!

i’m sick of the same tired ass ohio states, lsu, usc… its time to give the new blood their due… i was glad to see mizzou and kansas have good years. even uconn and cincy were surprizing. its also nice that nebraska, miami are having down years… i look forwarf to the convict canes of old thou. they were like the raiders of ncaa… you love to hate them and it no fun when they suck balls.

i hate it as much as you do, those teams can go 0-12 and get a bid. im shocked notre dame didnt get one. its the politics of the game, i guess.

Im glad HAWAI’I got an at large bid. i think OU deserved to be in the championship game. oh well though what do i know?

made my weekend…fucking fantastic.

Officials are not assigned by anyone within their respective conferences. They are given games by an assigner that is employed by the officiating chapters that represent the Big East.

Contrary to popular belief, they are not given games directly from the Big East or from any other conference. Anyone that says that would be a conflict of interest is 100% correct, that is why it’s not done that way. Basically think of officials(as a group) as a sub-contractor to the each individual conferences.

They are reviewed 3 different ways, typically. By the coaches (usually taken with a grain of salt, because obviously every coach, no matter if he was robbed or not, thinks he got screwed on most calls), by an official observer (usually a retired official) that is employed by the officials chapter that watches the game live from a booth or press box within the stadium, and then later, via tape, by the conference officiating coordinator.

I’m probably the biggest defender of officials you will find, but some of the things they called on Saturday bordered on criminal. I’m fairly certain you won’t see a couple of those guys working D-1 games again.

Not to hard to figure out…the were WVU Fans/supporters…they really wanted DubV to go to the national championships…then they reaized their squad is terribly overrated and actually sucks…and they did everything in their powers to try and cheat Pitt out of a dominating win…in the end those overrated cocky assholes ended up losing and will not have a shot to be national champs…which they never deserved to begin with.

Hey at least it’s a start to get rid of the garbage in Oakland. Now we just need an air tanker to drop about 15,000 gallons of bleach so it doesn’t smell so bad.

Yay…! Pitt won… Maybe there will be more than 20,000 people in their home opener next year. how many of you Pitt Supporters go to all the home games? the reason Pitt is bad… their recruits come in for an official visit and there is 30,000 fans in the stadium. they go to Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State and no matter who they are playing or their record, the stadium is full. 100,000 plus. Pitt is not and never will be again a football school… And it sucks but it is the truth

come on with all that negative stuff…lets just be happy we beat the overrated, didn’t deserve the #2 ranking Mountaineers

i got season tickets. its hard to wanna go to heinz field thou because it fucking blows there…mix that with no beer. pittsburgh is in love with beer, not football. i blame every single sell out in this city that roots for the steelers but when it comes to the other football team in pittsburgh they are like uhh uhh… i only hate one thing worse than wvu and psu students…wvu and psu students that are from pittsburgh.

when it comes down to it i’ll never fault someone who goes to either school because its about gettin an education but the minute they start talkin that football nonsense they need to be reminded wherre the fuck they are from!!!

I was also very happy being a PITT grad watching that game.

I also agree that I hate Pittsburgh kids that go to either PSU or WVU.

But most of the kids that go to WVU went there because they didn’t have the grades to get into PITT. And people do not go to WVU for an education. Period.

true, you never hear anyone saying… well i went to WVU because they have this really great ____ program.

I am a Pitt grad as well…and I have to say I somewhat agree w/u guys…but you are starting to sound like a smug ass PSU kid

US News (the most famous ranking) ranks like the top 125 Universities in the country, Pitt usually falls around 55 the last few years (20th in Public schools, about even with Penn State). Higher than most of the big time football schools. WVU is unranked. They are whats called “3rd Tier”, meaning a level below the ranked schools, not impressive at all.

I wouldn’t mind any other Big East team in the BCS title game. I just hate WVU, I would like to see them lose any and every game in everything.

well i guess you guys can hate me then, doesnt bother me the least, I was born and raised in Pittsburgh and went to Penn State

im sure i hate wvu as much as you but i choose the other approach. i want them to do great and then have pitt spoil their party just like they did saturday. the only way the scenario could have been better is if they were #1 instead of #2.