PA adopting CA emissions?

Not sure if this has been posted or not. I’m taking an Hybrid Electric Vehicle course here at PSU and our professor has been talking about PA adopting CA emissions since the begining of the semester. I guess it was signed into effect within the past couple of weeks. I searched and this was all the info I could find.

Pennsylvania Adopts the California Emissions Standards for Automobiles
September 20, 2006

Pennsylvania Governor Edward Rendell announced this week that the state’s Environmental Quality Board adopted the California emissions standards for automobiles beginning in Model Year 2008. The standards are part of the Pennsylvania Clean Vehicles Program, which sets standards for emissions of passenger cars and light-duty trucks. The program originated in 1998 under the auspices of the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection. Under the Clean Air Act 1990 Amendments, states are allowed to set vehicle emissions standards in accordance with national standards set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or with tougher standards set by California.

http://www.eere.energy.gov/states/news_detail.cfm/news_id=10285

Only effects 2008 and on, but just found it interesting.

yay…

does that effect diesels?

Luckily it won’t come into effect till 2008 production models. I have a hard enough time getting my obd2 to obd1 to pass

yes i think it does!

california needs to keep their tree huggin hippie crap to themselves.

Sorry… I hate us too. Stupid Cali smog nazis. :frowning:

-TJ

ya, they are goign to have to start having cats on them and you are not going to be allowed to remove them, its goign to be soo gay

fucking hippie bullshit

good.

now we just need commercial trucking and shipping emissions standards as well.

thats whats happing dog dick!

Yea, from my understanding there is more Development for heavy duty diesel emissions then light duty trucks. A lot of development is occuring for Diesel oxidation catalysts, and SCR systems with urea injection(reduces NOx emissons). It’s much harder to find those components sized for your everyday truck or SUV. Although I’m guessing now that this is going to come into effect there will be a lot more focus on it.

Also from what I heard Mass. has some case going up against the supreme court trying to get the EPA to regulate greenhouse gasses.

And I was just starting to like this global warming and 55 degree days in december

x2

and also sound checks for a bike owners.

That one I can agree on…

I wish fuckin california would break off and float the fuck away…

oh yeah, and I did hear about this and probably have the same views on it as everyone else on this forum

Don’t blame Cali, blame all the fools that voted for rendell.:blanyer:

its stupid shit like this that will bring the cost of everything up. everyone that that thinks that there should be more laws and more cost on us truckers should realize that if it wasnt for the truckers you wouldnt have food /clothing/gas/ basically everything you need to survive. the more money you take out of our pocket the more that comes out of yours. wait till you start paying 5 dollars for a gallon of milk or 5 dollars for a dozen eggs or when your car breaks down and you need towed at 3 am and a tow job that was 75.00 is 150.00 . its getting really close to truckers just saying fuck it and going on strike as it is .you really cant afford for that to happen . so i say back off with the trucking laws before it back fires on you.

Most of the people I know just feel like the truckers are getting the same fuckin that we all are getting by this stupid shit. It’s just that you all are a bigger group with a common goal, so why don’t you all go on strike get the fuel prices down, and get that fat ass rendell out of harrisburg???