pa inspection ?

will your car pass if it has a roll cage?

why wouldnt it?

yes as long as you still have the factory saftey belts inplace without alteration…

Absolutely :naughty:

what so if you got certified harneses you wont pass?

i’ve heard that it has to be the stock seatbelts also

i got seatbelts and a harness, but i also where a belt and suspenders.

:bowrofl:

i don’t see why not. don’t think there is anything listed in the state inspection book about it

Seat belts are a tricky item. As pictured, this car passed a legitimate PA state inspection in June:
http://community.webshots.com/album/283806663TtkSXZ

A harness-only will pass inspection but technically you can get a ticket if a policeman pulls you over and sees you only wearing the harness.

The way around this is to have both the harness and the seat belt and use the seat belt or the seat belt and the harness for street use. I don’t bother - harness only.

BTW - When I take my Firebird in for state inspection, I leave the PA State Inspection Procedures Manual in a conspicuous place in the car to remind the shop that I know the rules. It saves conversations later.

where can i get that book ?

I have all of the inspection codes handy and tabbed in my truck. I just printed it out and binded it here at work. It looks official to an unsuspecting officer this way. It was about 450 pages front and back though… so I hope you have a beefy printer if you choose this route.

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/067/067toc.html

i have one here if you want to take a look. i am right down the road from you.

no because you removed factory saftey equipment…

www.pacode.com

edit, sorry didn’t see s10 already posted the direct link. there is not only the codes but there is the inspection procedure on that site step by step and what to fail for…

ut oh

[QUOTE=Sight N Sound]no because you removed factory saftey equipment…
[\QUOTE]

That does not agree with my understanding of the inspection procedure nor agree with my experiences in the last three years of passing inspection with a car with only a harness.

Where in the procedures is this statement made?

I am not trying pick a disagreement; I am trying to make sure my understanding of the rules is accurate.

ROFL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They are not DOT approved

OK, but where in the procedure does it specify DOT approval for seat belts?

Again, I am not trying to start an argument, but I am not aware of this requirement in the Inspection Procedures Manual.

i think they have to be retactable belts, I know from a friend that sparco makes DOT approved harness