Harness Bar?

i just installed my sparco racing seats and have the harnesses but no where to hook them upto…what would be the cheapest simplest way thati could run my harnesses to…

my integra is a 4door so i cant buy a c Pillar strut bar either…

start fabricating?

o thnks

harnesses for what? burnouts?

no fag cuz i cant do stock seatbelts

find somebody with a pipe bender and try your luck, worst case scenario you waste a few bucks on some metal, not like theres a chance to fuck up your car trying to build a c pillar strut bar. Plus it will be fun to try

what the fuck, did you read anything I wrote before?

Because for you to use them you should:

A. Have a cage to prevent the roof from coming down on your head

and

B. Have them mounted shoulder height so that you dont compress your spine in an accident… To mount them at the proper height you need either a cage (see A) or a harness bar… which would mean pointless backseats.

A harness bar is a terrible idea as well… in an accident save your self and have your friends hitting their heads on a metal bar.

example:

Then you decided you wouldnt get the harnesses.

I should also add, the reason why you should have the cage is because when you roof crushes in a flip… which it will, the 4 points hold you in place. Cars have 3 point seat belts stock for a reason… when the roof crushes your body leans to the side without the belt preventing your head from crushing as well.

what exactly is a c pillar strut bar?! :rofl

how about fabbing up a harness bar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPARCO-HARNESS-BAR-94-01-INTEGRA-GREY-HARNESSES_W0QQitemZ310027414223QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310027414223&_trksid=p3756.m20.l1116

or buy that one, itll go with your super sweet seats too…

you could mount them behind the rear seat but you have to reinforce the metal around the mounting points so the belts wont pull out upon impact. You have to make sure the angle of the belts pull back on your shoulders and not down on them durring an impact. There is an optimal angle to avoid this affect and the best way to get that is a harness bar. Even if you were to mount the harnesses behind the rear seat you would only be able to use them when no one is in the back seat so keep your factory seat belts, they are safer on the street anyway.
My opinion is to get the harness bar cause that was what they were designed to use. I would get rool bar padding for the harness bar so your rear passengers dont loose their teeth in an accident
Here are some links on harness installation
http://sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/47.pdf
http://www.gforce.com/pdf/harnessinstall.pdf
Mafdark is correct… you will never really be safe unless its done right

aren’t the harnesses expired? Why put them in if they are

Yeah… technically they are not supposed to be used after 2 years and not after that much direct sunlight exposure.

ha, like hes taking it to a track.

which reminds me, those technically arnt street legal?

Yeah I don’t think harnesses or any non-factory restraint systems are legal in NY, but I’m not 100%.

No they are not legal… Thats why I told him to keep the stock belts. Just rock the seats, The harnesses are too much time, money, risk, and inconvenience to use them

So true… I got sick of mine eventually when I had them

yeh…i just found out while i was gone that they are illegal…im just gonna run the stock ones…thanks anyways for the help

Did you install them yourself?

just wondering, what was the reason for the sparco seats? :ponder

Are you the kid that came into Inline…they make a bar that goes from seatbelt post to seatbelt post to attach your harnesses to…and i hate to tell you this but you still need factory seatbelts in your car to pass inspection…its sounds stupid but i shit you not.

I’m unsure of your name, but did you buy that teggy from anthony tombasko awhile back? or steve meeham? lol NO idea on how to spell his last name.