Inspection and DMV questions

Okay first question is.
Will five point harness mounted to a rollbar (they way yuor supposed to mount them , you floor mount guys are insane) pass NYS inspection?

Also I heard from a friend that the good ole title and reciept are no longer good enough at the DMV , that you have to have the seller sign an Mv50 or something, i forgot what he called it?
Is this true?
And how does that work if you bought a car, neevr registered it and now are re selling it?

Thanks.

Registered a car back in January with receipt and title and had no problems. I’m assuming this is a used car you’re talking about. Pretty sure harness won’t pass inspection.

Race harness will NOT pass NYS inspection …

and again … just a receipt and title … they only sign the receipt

Exactly… Gotta have factory belts in place as well as the 5-pts; 5-pts are also not legal on the streets and cops will bust your balls and possibly ticket you if you’re wearing them and get caught.

That sucks so bad. Ny has wack laws.
Thanks for the heads up guys. I guess I’ll leave the front belts in, even tho they will be useless with aluminum racing seats.

they are there for YOUR safety …

just remember when you flip your car over doing some street racing and the paramedics show up and have to cut you out … you will be glad you wore the stock seat belt … and not have them take a few vital extra minutes to cut the race harness out

a 5 point harness with a roll bar > stock seatbelt 10x outta 10
I don’t really street race, But my summer car = my strip car.
Trailor queens are No fun.

But thats for posting something irrelevent.

fixed.

blah blah blah blah, I raced circle track for 7 years, your not going to tell me anything I don’t already know about cages seatbelts helmets or padding.
I thought Off topic is where your supposed to post the offtopic shit.
The mods gotta keep this outta general auto, Valid questions asked in threads mucked up by people with nothing to contribute.

Thanks to the people with real anwsers.

Then if you know everything why are you asking?

Technically aftermarket seat belts/harnesses must (should) be DOT approved for street use; such as this:
http://www.soloracer.com/rallye3.html

(Although I think that is complete shit and a “real” harness installed by a competent person is so much better.)

Is your harness DOT approved?

they’ll pass my inspection =)

I really hope one day a car you pass kills like 6 people and it comes back at you

lol you sound like my boss

no see you would be fired and I would of reported you

a mjority of the people i pass are from this forum =)

Does that make me feel better? Just remember when the state comes in fines the shop 1400 dollars and you 700 for every car you will be sorry

ill remember

I was actually looking for a dot approved harness,
because the circle track stuff is off road use only.
Which sucks because They work great in 100+ mph crashes.

As for why I asked, I didn’t ask.
I asked an inspection question.

Edit: just looked at the link, 3 point harness suck IMHO.
I like 5 or 6 points

You might find what you’re looking for here http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/menugetf.cgi

in my car i run the 5 point harness. At inspection time i throw my factory driver side belt in and it passes.

But mine are mounted and welded in place by a certified welder. and he races circle track cars.