PA title question

So i am going to trade my s4 for that gti…see below please dont clutter my thread saying i am a faggot for making this trade

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?233646-Would-you-consider-this-trade-vw-content-inside&highlight=strokingnova

Anyways in PA if you have a loan on a car they do not issue a title until the loan is paid off my bank said they would accecpt a letter from his bank stating his car was paid off and a copy of his reg. My question is would i be stupid to go ahead with the transaction and have him mail me the title when he gets it? it could be almost two weeks before the actual title comes in from the state.?..

if anyone has any input on this i greatly apreciate it

I purchased my A3 from PA from a private party and it had a lean on it just like you are dealing with.

You cannot title the car in NY until you have the clean title from PA. You cannot get the clean title from PA until he pays off the loan and the lean holder submits proof to the DMV which will then issue the title to him so he can then sign it over to you. This whole mess can take a LOT more than two weeks. In my case it look almost a full month until I had a title in hand. You cannot get temp plates without a title and bill of sale in PA. Luckily the guy I got it from let me drive the car home on his plates and mail them back, I had another car to drive while I waited.

If you work through a dealer you can bypass this whole mess, but no dealer will get involved for free.

so in conclusion, expect a fucking nightmare.

Based on what John has told me the kid has paid off the car and is awaiting the title. John also has PA 90 day temp tags lined up to get the car home and drive it until the title comes in and is mailed to him.

Also, I guess these 2 are pretty much dating now based on the amount of communication has occured and from what I am hearing the kid seems very reputable.

I don’t see it being an issue but I was hoping some knowledgable on the subject may be able to add greater clarity to the situation.

And yes, terribly gay car, fggt.

Would i beable to get temp plates for the time im waiting to get a new title…they would be from PA obviously. The kid barrowed the money form his parents to pay the loan off and the loan has been paid off and just waiting fro the dmv to release the title.

no you cannot. As I said, I went through this personally. Until there is a clean title in your hand you can’t do anything. DMV has to mail this to him after bank has submitted proof to the DMV directly.

my biggest concern is being able to get temp tags without a title or something.

call PA like I did if you want, no temp tags until title in hand.

In just to see how many more ways theblue can tell this guy he’s not going to be able to get the temp tags without the clear title. :popcorn:

I have one more: he’s going to tell you that you can get a temp title. You can’t if there is a lean in the DMV’s computer system.

sorry for some reason my thread does not refresh on its own and i did not see anyones posts.

What if his neighbor says he can get temp tags?

PA won’t give temp tags to anybody except the buyer. Can’t buy a car that has a lean on it.

He would have to know something I don’t or be doing something shady. If the neighbor is a dealer or works for one is the only possible exception I can think of, but then you’d be buying from a dealer technically and the dealer would be liable as if they sold the car.

you’d need a title or temp title, either of which again can’t happen on a car with a lean.

hopefully I’m being helpful and not annoying here, if you guys find a way I’d love to know for if I ever buy a car from PA again. This whole PA no title deal sucked for me.

It was a joke. :frowning:

went right over my head, LOL

:lol:

http://files.sharenator.com/110_zoolander_mugatu_crazy_pills_The_dumbest_product-s520x399-281134-580.jpg

thanks for the advice, the car does not have a lein on it as his dad paid it off for him, i guess i guess im just going to have to wait it out…