Page Additions

Would it be possible for us to add:

FRONT PAGE - a cool front page (direct link to nyspeed.com instead of going straight to the forums) that could have a calender, that RSS stuff dozer was talking about, a section for automotive related news, and maybe something cool like “Car of the Month” or something, just a random choice of a member’s car (chosen by mods or popular vote?). Also maybe we could imbed (is that a word) the integrated IRC chat thing there?

LINKS PAGE - somewhere where all the advertiser links are static. So that way I don’t have to play “banner roulette” with the IE refresh button when I forget a phone number.

:tup:

It is on most of the other forums I’m on… and I think it is a cool function.

One of the other things that can go on the home page to accompany the Car of the Month… could be random pics from the gallery…

You mean a portal?

Ugh, i hate you.

I will look…

lol

I say fuck the portal, lets just do our own front page… we can link to the forums, and build everything else.

All of these “portals” are so cookie cutter.

:word: What the drunk guy said.

You’re the web guy, you make something :smiley:

word… no beer till it is done… well maybe a little to get you going

i would say feature members on the front page… just an idea

i like it…good thinking…with all of it…make it good :tup:

calander on the front…with worthy events on it and the randomly selected MOTM ( =member of the month. i made that up now, we can use that and theres my input to all of this)

ill put you in the queue

i like both ideas :tup:

How’s ath Queue going? :smiley:

ugh… i hate forums like that… you have to load up a page… then click a link on that page to load up the forum…

not a problem on my comp because I can just add the forum addy to my favs… but on other comps that are slow as shit… ie. my gf’s laptop… just link from the forum to the other page… not the other way around… most of us are here for the forum… not the front page… but if you want to see it then theres the link…

:tup: on trying this thing out to make it look that much better