Paint Job in Magazine

any one else see that paint job that was in either car craft or hot rodding this past month? It was on a ford falcon. Then used rustoleum and a paint roller. A few days later BAM…decent paint job. It wasnt anything fancy and it didnt have a show car shine but it did have a clearcoat shine to it. It only costs them $98 total. Anyone ever try this on their own?

I sprayed rustoleum in the interior of my truck and it works fine. I’d be worried about the UV resistance for exterior.

I’ve haerd of it. Basically what you save in the cash department you are making up for in elbow grease. Takes a long time sanding / buffing it get that look using a roller.

I saw it, the white one with a red on the side, right?

I think it’s cool they suggested that. Lots of people who really want to do something but can’t afford to learn from mistakes. Some people think a crappy paint job is worse than leaving your car discolored with mismatched panels, I tend to disagree. Besides, what fun is any project without a little elbow grease :slight_smile:

do it write or go home…come on guys

[quote=“KraZy K,post:5,topic:30282"”]

do it write or go home…come on guys

[/quote]

right* haha

if it’s a car that sits in the garage most of the time or usually just comes out for track days fine, but I would never paint a daily driven car with rustoleum, there is no way it will last.

A guy on my site did it on his car
http://www.rodandpiston.com/db/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3701

Turned out pretty decent

i have painted countless cars of my(beaters) with rattle can sutoleaum. It takes along time to JUST PAINT. The big problem is doin it without leaving ‘tigerstripes’. if you dont lay the paint down evenly it wont shine right-you’ll end up with dull spots. I suppose clearcoating it might cover that part of it. I have tried a roller on my very first winter car years ago-painted it it like a black and white cow spots and all, LOL wish i had pics of that. I used latex on that one though.

we did my dads old workvan like that except no sanding or clear just threw it on there with a roller 3 coats, it actually looked good even up close just a lil bit orange peely