Paint touch up: Where?

A fence blew over a last night and i didn’t see it this AM and backed up into it with the subaru…

There is very little damage to my paint, save for one spot about the size of a dime where it just chipped right off… seems like pretty lame paint… well, the thought crossed my mind to buff out the tiny scratches around it and take it back to the dealer and just give them the “WTF is up with your shitty paint routine”, but it’s probably a cheap fix. There is no damage to any sheet metal or urethane.

Where should i take it?

Since when do you care, RICER!! LOL

You are really going against your “old” ways, last week I seen you driving the Elise with the HID Headlights on during a sunny day, showing off a little? :smiley:

x…

paint medic on walden

actually, i drive with them on all the time. you would be surprised at how often i almost get run over by SUVs in that car. Kind of like daytime running lights on a bike…

this is right by my work, these guys are good?

Not too bad, they did my boss’s car, it was like $300 for a hole in the bumper repair, I guess it’s a good “value” Paint was acceptable, not perfect.

X…

This damage seriously looks as though nothing hit the car and it just flaked off. It’s pretty odd… I am debating on taking it to a dealer.

What about touch up paint then lightly wetsanding and buffing??? Pretty fast and inexpensive way to get it looking good…

Tell them you were washing it one day, and it started to flake…and it didn’t bother you then, but now its gotten bigger.

whats the worst they are going to do?

say no?

i would atleast try it… paint is underwarranty.

i had paint problems on a subaru… dealer’s fault even. i got nowhere. good luck with that. i say just suck it up. i would probably just use touch up paint or take it some place if they can do a better job of it for around $50

Newman. I call my mom’s cousin tomorrow.

Or stop over and see him tomorrow.

He’ll do it maddddd cheap.

yeah, i figured i’d rather just pay for it than try and hassle the dealer. I’ll save that for when i blow the motor… :ohnoes: they fucking love me there tho, it’s funny how they think i roll super deep or something…

does he talk with an accent?

Fuck naw. But hes a man’s man. Drives a V8, and lifts heavy shit…not to mention his burly ass beard…you can’t even see his mouth… Just the tobacco pipe sticking out of it.

He owns DavRon Collision, on Broadway…near your work.

Drop it off before work, pick it up after.

I’ll talk to him tomorrow.

Let me know how that goes, My hood looks bad. And subaru has the worst paint ever.

thanks.

This usually works pretty good (from what I hear) if you have the right materials and its not that big. I am guessing Corey or TPGSR are the most experienced with this sort of thing.

I’ve done something as large as a quarter before and was pleasantly surprised with the results, you can really hide some nasty bruises…but it sounds like a shop will be taking care of this car.

Also, it doesn’t require anything more than some wetsand paper, compound, glaze, and wax…everything that can be found at Autozone/Advance/etc. This isn’t a high-tech operation since it can all be done by hand.

newman…go to JIM BALL and tell them u know me. they will take good care of you.

you have a scratch?, REPAINT!!!

i have done it on black paint. I WILL NOT WORK ON METALLIC PAINT. THE METALLIC WILL MERGE TOGETHER AND THE SPOT WILL TURN VERY DARK-ALMODT BLACK. wont work for your color blue on the sti