painted winter car this morning

ya had some extra paint and clear laying around so i decided it was a nice day so i painted my car. no surface prep at ALL washed it and dryed it, no sanding or anything lol. painted over the dents and rust. it actually looks good paint wise no runs or anything, its black with some blue flake
before

after

You left the bumper sticker on the trunk though?

lol.

Better than what I was expecting.

i dunno why…

but i laughed really hard at the guy in the pic

lol. is that toucan?

+1

yeah it looks good man… now everyones going to be like (Why?) ahahahahaha

you need to take the steelies down and clean em up, then paint them GOLD ahahahahhaha

no thats my friend joe

no i took it off before i painted it then put it back on lol

Was it your first paint job? Honestly it could have been MUCH worse. Not bad at all.

did you say that was base and clear??

Looks real fucking bad, there is no shine, did you forget to use the clear?

I think it was this? :slight_smile:

http://www.eagleridgepainting.com/paint.jpg

im assuming rattle can.

its shinyer in the light the flake kinda dulls it down for some reason idk why, its base clear but its a cheap paint thats prob why its not super shiny, its also not wetsanded or buffed, i really dont care its my beater, i painted it in my friends garage and did no prep or anything just cleaned it up, its my second paint job, i just wanted to practice painting some more before i paint my camaro this spring

the paint was actually the duplicolor stuff they sell at autozone its like 20$ a quart i got it for free,

^ yea I did dupicolor on my buicks door, took 2 full size cans, and it came out like shit, all sputtery and shit.

lol that’s not half bad :clap:

what kind of gun and compresser did you use? its not spudderey just alil bit of orange peel which is expected, it took me 2 quarts of black and 2 quarts of clear thats it lol i was surprised, i used one of the 3 hvlp guns i have i used a 1.7 needle as well