Painting OEM wheels

I bought a set of 4 m3 wheels, got a great deal on them, but didnt read through the auction enough and it turns out they were four front m3 wheels, which wont work for me as i need them in a staggered setup, so i put em up on the e46 fanatics forums, and found a buyer for them.

right now the rims have been stripped using a media blaster,

the guy wants them painted/powder coated to match his car (a metallic blueish silver)

my questin is, does anybody know where i can get rims painted locally and approx how much it will cost? its a set of 4 18x8’s

lafengas = king of powdercoat

if they are being painted…any body shop can do it

[quote=“zwarbyt,post:2,topic:39640"”]

lafengas = king of powdercoat

[/quote]

No longer does powdercoating.

Don’t get involved, sell them unfinished and have the buyer figure it out. For the extra $$ you MIGHT make on it, you will have a world of issues when things go wrong, don’t match, are not done on time, chip off when mounting tires, etc…

X…

yeah really why bother

good advice from everyone. Dont bother. ESPECIALLY since he want you to color match his car. (and the car isnt here with the painter) BIG red flag. Give him a extimate on the paint job from 3 local guys and tell him his best bet for a good match is to take the car to the painter…not just go by color code… that should help convince him.
Discount your price a bit for a little extra push and get rid of these things and extra BS work.

i can get them powder coated without issue in any color he wants, as long as its available on eastwoodco, i just wanted an estiamte so i can go back and tell him no dice on paint, and to pick a color for PC…

a guy who owns powder systems technology did my wheels for my neon and my camaro. both at about 120bucks. my suggestion to you is have this guy PC them for 120 and charge an extra 110 on top of that to the customer

Just bring 1 wheel to a shop and they will give you a figure.

[quote=“jkucz28,post:9,topic:39640"”]

a guy who owns powder systems technology did my wheels for my neon and my camaro. both at about 120bucks. my suggestion to you is have this guy PC them for 120 and charge an extra 110 on top of that to the customer

[/quote]

ive used karl @ powder systems, i will be going back to him again, 120 is the range i was thinking it would be

That buyer is too needy, sell em to me dirt cheap… :stuck_out_tongue:
I need some track wheels for next year haha

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:12,topic:39640"”]

That buyer is too needy, sell em to me dirt cheap… :stuck_out_tongue:
I need some track wheels for next year haha

[/quote]

you want em? 325 bux for the set of 4 come get em today and ill do 300