PAMSP

My wife and I just finished 3 days of the PA Motorcycle Safety Course.

The majority of the 24 students have no riding experience. Everybody did well, except for an older man (70s maybe) that dropped his bike several times. The instructors asked him to leave for his own safety.

Tomorrow is test day and I hope to be licensed and legal.

i took that class a couple years ago. my parents took it with me too. my mom had to leave the class though and my dad had to also cuz he had to take her to the hospital. my dad already had his license. my mom messed something up, grabbed on the front brakes and flipped over and hit her teeth off the parking lot. ouch one other person got hurt inthe class during the emergency swerve part. she sprained her ankle or something. good class none the less tho

def a good class to take. i don’t think anyone had probs in our class though. i highly advise anyone to take it though. even if they don’t plan on buyin ga motorcycle i still tell people to take it. PA is one of the few states that offer this class for free. most states it is upwards to 600 for the class. so i say take full advantage of it.

I took it a few years ago and it is definitely a great class. It’s not that you become a riding expert or anything in a few short days, but they force you to do exercises and learn statistics that you would not normally do/learn on your own.

We had an older guy go down on the GZ250 and decide not to test out of the class at the end. He had a huge bike, either a Goldwing, or the equivalent trim in a Harley, I forget which. Either way, he felt he needed to learn his bigger bike more before proceeding, which is respectable.

I also had a dude in my class who had just come back from Iraq and was riding an R1. He was pretty crazy, I hope he’s still around.

i took it a few years ago and had a blast. we had one lady who could not get the concept of putting her feet down at a stop so she fell over a lot but those little 250s were fun to toss around

I took it a few years ago as well … def worth it. There was myself and one other guy with expeirence, and the rest of the class had none … but everyone did well for the most part … I thought it was blast

Well we both passed! It was pretty chilly this morning again, but the sun was out and there was little wind.

12 students enter. 11 leave with licenses.

I was ridin’ the Yamaha TW200. What a fun little bike.

Overall a good course with some great tips. As someone said, the exercises force you to do things you wouldn’t normally do on your own if you taught yourself to ride.

Woot! Legal at last!

Congrats!!

cnograts. well worth it takiing hte calss.

I just took the class earlier in the summer. It was nice as I was barely familiar with how to ride a bike. I choked a bit on the final test but still passed with plenty of room to spare. Only 1 girl dropped the bike during the day and everyone that stayed passed.

One older lady left mid-way through the last day claiming a back ache. I question that as she was also having a hard time grasping the concepts.

Congrats on passing.

Congrats. In a year or two, you might want to try the advanced course to give yourself some follow up to the excercises. You use your own bike, too. Plus it keeps the info fresh in your mind.

When I did the advanced course, a guy on a heavily modded road king dropped his bike 3 times. He was so bad, he should have been riding a bycicle. Not makin’ fun of him, just pointing out that just because one has ridden on the street, doesn’t make them a good rider. Best to learn in a controlled environment, though.

Congrats! Got my license through that course at Ringgold. Great class.

they offer these classes at ccac right? i cant take my license test until december 21’st thats when my 6 months is up with my permit. Can anyone direct me to a site that shows testing dates or testing centers please and thanks

Yeah, CCAC is one of the many locations. http://pamsp.com/CourseLookup.aspx

I took the class also… its a really good class and an easy way to get your license and get discount on insurance also. Good luck and be safe out there!

Awesome. Congrats on the license…now stay safe! :bigok:

I was in the next to last Basic Riders Course class for this calendar year. You will have to wait until the spring to get your bike license if you want to get it through the MSP.

Why did you have to wait 6 months? I didn’t for my bike license.

Staying safe isn’t much of a problem, but staying WARM is!

I did this several years ago. If you want to take the class make sure you register early as the dates do fill up pretty quickly. Great course and even if you’ve been riding for a while there are things to learn just in the basic class, not to mention the advanced.

I had 1 lady in my basic class not pass. She was wearing “boots” with 2.5" heels on them. :doh:

im only 17 they treat a motorcycle permit just like a car permit if your under the age of 18 you have to hold it for 6 months and accumulate 50 hours of riding time.

Ditto. If it weren’t for that class I’d be a grease spot by now.