Parenting 101. This is how you do it

I’m with newman.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ja7yjAEhKfY/R38k4wIjAPI/AAAAAAAABMU/u42_wWnN434/s400/montell.jpg

Kids in public should wear the same shock collar my dog does for training.

wtf ever happend to the days of parents popping the kid one? Are parents really that afraid now? I remember when I was a kid, if I misbehaved, all my mother had to do was raise her hand and I knew my place. My parents put the fear of god in me at a young age, and it worked. Are parents really that soft now?

I don’t think it’s parents getting soft as much as it is parents haveing way to many other things to do through out the day. Parenting has become a part time job.

Yes. I’d venture to say that most parents today think that spanking a child will stunt their emotional growth or some shit. Time outs are the new punishment…

Fuck that. Kids in my family get the snot knocked out of them when they do something stupid or misbehave. Physical punishment is a learning tool.

:word: My old man is an ill-tempered Irishman…nuff said. I can’t believe how most young kids act these days. Some I want to strangle in front of the parents. Then strangle the parents.

Dammit, I can’t get this out of my head.

they get soft because you cant hit your kid anymore or they take the kid away, i remember being beat if i did something wrong, and well just like stated, i learned and when i saw the arm go up, i ran and new my place. didnt do the same thing twice after that!

parenting has taking a fall because of child services! we should still be able to hit the kid, you put them in the hospital or do physical harm to them, thats a different story. then you go after the parent, but shit, let them spank or do something without being worried they are going to take the kid away. straightens the kid out so much more! all i know is i have the most up right respect to people when in person, because thats how my parents tought me to be! kids now are assholes and dont no there rule in life anymore! they do what they want

Ive noticed the new trend leaning to parents wanting a “friendship” with their kids now, too. I think that is bull shit. My dad tought me that I had to earn his friendship. He was a father first, friend second. And now that Im 23, mature, and have proven myself, he now is a damn good friend.

Spoiled little assholes is right. I NEVER got the “popular” clothes, electronics, toys, general shit that these kids now “have to have or youll ruin my life” without working my ass off and deserving them. Hell, I didnt have my own cell phone untill I was 17 and living on my own. Now I see 8 year old kids with friggen smartphones that cost more than my car.

This is an argument against doing any of these things.

you are the poster child for “beating your kid leads to brain damage”.

jussayin :wink:

Not true. You are allowed to discipline your kids.
You are not allowed to beat your kids.
Believe it or not, it is not enjoyable at all and some parents resort to it far to quickly instead of trying to get the point across. Like anything else… if you do it enough, you will become desensitized to it. Thats when the the abuse line gets crossed.

People say they are afraid to spank their kids because of their own issues.
Some kids were beat, and refuse any form of physical punishment because of it. Others have feelings and can’t stand to upset their kids, and some just disagree entirely. As far as I’m concerned, If your doing it right, you do not have to do it often.