parts flew off my car on the thruway

yeah, the title kinda says it all. so i had just left from hybrid, and was taking minisrt4 up to skrapper’s napa to pick up some parts for his buddies car…
coming on the on-ramp just as im merging i hear a series of clunks and bangs associated with running something over. well, niether one of us had seen anything in front of me when it happened, so i was like “shit i bet thats a peice of my car” and sure enough the very moment i said that my battery light came on. i guess that noise my car was making was exactly what i thought it was. my belt turned out to be a tad too tight to the point it was overstressing the pulley for my power steering pump, which decided to say “fuck you im not taking anymore of this, im outta here!” . sooooo now that i had pulled over to determine this, we jump in to head straight home when i make the U-turn i look down and temp is in the red. FUCK the belt drives the water pump…:rant:
so i pull right back over and have to wait a half hour for it to cool down enough to make it back off the 400. my car is now sitting in a parking lot until i can go pick it up again after work to get it the rest of the way home. man do i hope my spare motor out in boston/hamburg has a power steering pump on it, or my cars outta commision for a while until i can afford to replace it. skrapper…if you read this im going to be in need of a serpintine belt for a ford focus DOHC w/no A/c

:tdown: to today

sorry to hear that man!

id blame minisrt4, it probably wouldn’t have happened if he wasn’t around

well…that could be the issue right there…

I saw that happening. I was on the 400 going the opposite way…

I lol’d

Why’s that? he didn’t say hybrid even touched his car, sometimes this shit just happens.

thats a dumb assumption to make.

lol… riiiiiiight

Read the actual post, much?

hybrid was not the cause of this

the cause was we deleated his A/C a WHILE ago and the belt was a tad to short, meaning the tensioner was applying to much tension

its as simple as that

yikes…sorry to hear…

sorry to hear nick :tdown:

i hate it when i lose belts on the 290

wow, i actually thought about it and it’s happened at least 2x

I had one of my tensioner pullies do that once. Luckily I was sorta close to home and got another fairly cheap. That is the suck. Good luck.

mega-shittiness dude!

yeah it sucked, i had actually had a great couple of conversations at hybrid and was really glad i stopped by, the guys answered alot of questions i had and test my WG for free to see what it opened at, and turns out, it leaks and its really tough to tell. so im gonna adress that ASAP and maybe switch over to a tial from them. they also highly reccommended a set of fans they use quite frequently that arent very expensive at all that would give me more space and better cooling, even brought me into the shop to show me a set they had just installed on an r32 skyline…which was HOTT lol. but it was my fualt, and it was warning me with the sounds.

the only post in here that has me confused is geoff…why is that funny that my shit broke down?

because the noob with 100 posts is obviously a piece of shit

good luck getting her running, and good luck fixing all the little inconsistencies

^ thanks for the support. i really couldnt have come as far as i have with the focus if it wasnt for all you guys on this board. im proud of my car, and even though it breaks alot, each time it does i just make it better lol.

that skyline is hott…i saw it a couple of weeks ago

damn that sux balls

happened to me before too. I just drove it like 5 minutes stopped, sat for 5 minutes stopped, so on and so on. was fine, now at late night is the time to do this. get yer ass over there and get yer shit before it gets jacked. I bet its on transit road eh? ill be right back…

I was lol’ing at putting the pieces of the puzzle together, figuring out what happened, as it was quite coincidental (funny) that I actually witnessed it. Best of luck with repair/recovery.

And sureshot!!!, I am obviously a piece of shit n00b for having 100 posts :tup: :bloated: