parts stolen, please help

Ok guys

Thursday Morning
I went and called Williams Towing company to get my car delivered to Mr. Autobody up on McCowan Road. Mr Autobody was a friends recommendation and it is a one man show that does good work on a secure barn site opposite of Markham Fair Grounds.

The car was picked up at 6 a.m. to be delivered to Mr. Autobody. I called Williams towing at 10 o’clock to confirm that the car was dropped off, they said yes. I then called Mr. Autobody right after, and they had identified that my car was no where in sight.

I called Williams towing again, and the dispatch and myself realized that the tow truck driver had dropped it off NOT at the designated location, but across the street.

Williams towing and the truck driver proceeded to correct the mistake after I called, and everything seemed fine and dandy.

I went over to Mr. Autobody on friday to drop off the money for the repairwork, and I had taken pictures of inside the hood, and the pictures are digital and dated.

I just got my car towed back to my house by the same towing company and even the same driver. I quickly found out that my catch can, my fuse box and my fuses had been pulled out of my hood. I have pictures from friday verifying that the components are missing and George from Mr. autobody is willing to put down a police statement.

Markham fair grounds was also called during the incident and they acknowledge that my vehicle was dropped off at there property instead of the bodyshop.

I want the towing company to pay for the damages/replace the parts.
If I file a police report, do you think that is possible?

wow thats so fucked, hopefully those pics come in handy if you get a case around them. good luck bro
-lopez

^ call the towing company tell them you r situation and you just want the car fixed so you dont have to go place charges if they refuse then make a police statement and if that goes no where within 48hours goto your insurance company give the the incedent number they will deal with it they have good lawyers becuase they dont want to have to pay to fix the car

i’ve already called the tow truck company and they told me they would get back to me. i told them that if this issue is not resolved i will file a police report and statements will be made. the car was under the tow truck companies liability at the time so they should pay for any damages that occured. the bodyshop is a secure dog with a huge fucking german shepard at the front gates and a residence with the land owner inside. I don’t even blame the guy at the markham fair grounds that probably saw the car and pulled my parts… waht I do mind is that the tow truck company did something stupid to make this event happen.

Don’t try to make any deals or agreements with the towing company. I think that makes it a civil manner and then there is nothing you can really do except go to small claimes court and fight it out. I may be wrong with this… But it happend to my dad, he thought he would be nice and give someone 2 days to produce money owed to him, before he would involve the cops. well long story short. since he gave them a time to produce the money it was declaired a civil agreement and he couldn’t press charges.

you should have filed a police report already… do it as soon as possible…

if you play their game and end up waiting weeks the report will be meaningless… all you will hear from the police is: “why didnt you file your report sooner?”

I’ll go file a police report tomorrow

ever read the fine print. hell your car could fall off mid tow and most places would have you in the fine print.

hey kollo, place charges on who? you need evidence… the tow truck guy stole my fuses, $12 worth. think about it,

its a shitty deal that it happend man. but cut ur losses. fuses n a catch can?? is it really worth the hasel?

I’ve already filed a report with the BBB this morning.

Guys, its really only 70 bucks worth of stuff +/-… but its the principle of it.
I’m willing to invest in the time to make sure there is awareness for this type of incident.

I’ve already ordered brand new parts. I’ve been asking myself if I should even bother with this, but then I figured that more than half the people I tell this to would be like, Pssshhh, why bother… but as a consumer and expecting a certain level of performance for the service from which you have paid for… we also have a right to protect ourselves by complaining.

If nothing comes from it, ok, cool, but you really can’t blame me for trying.
Someone on gta sentra told me to buy a gun… I’m not angry at the issue. I’m posting stuff like this so there is more awareness and I’m doing the best I can to go through the process so I can be informed of things.

I’m posting this in as many forums in the gta as possible, hell, i’m even considering facebook lol but I’m taking it up to myself to inform others that things like this can occur and becareful, because no body told me, and even though I was very cautious, I knew there was a possibility of something like this happening, and it did.

Who the hell steals fuses? Thats just retarded.

You know tow truck drivers are vultures right? well majority of them are at least, the decent drivers that I’ve met HATE most the other drivers… they do all kinds of shady shit. How’d you think most cars with alarms etc are stolen? yup… a tow truck driver or someone affliated. Whos at the scene of an accident first to “fight” over who gets the tow… yup tow truck drivers, they do care if the person inside is ok or not.

I would NEVER trust a tow truck driver with my car without myself riding along, one driver tried to hook up my lowered car without dollies saying it would be alright… because he was being lazy, I told him to fuck himself and put it on Dollies NOW.

Moral of the story don’t let them fuck with you… hope you get your parts and NEVER trust a towing company ever.