towing companies

So last Friday my car was parked on Quail street and Saturday morning when i went to go leave my car was gone because it was towed. There was another car parked probably 5 feet in front of me that was still there that next morning and my car was towed because of a sign that was taped to a tree with black electrical tape. So i get my car and now my flush front end is no longer flush and the clips are broken. I called the towing company to see what they would do about it and they said to bring it in but will most likely not do anything about it. They also said there were scratches and stuff written in the report but that isn’t what i called for so I’m not sure why they told me that. Just wondering the smart way to go about this before I go do something stupid.

before leaving the lot you should have taken care of this. once you payed and got your car released and drove away whos to say you didnt go hit something and now trying to blame them to cover the damages?

i know this may not be the case here, but look at it from the towing companies point of view. always look over your car before driving away from a shop, or in this case a towing company.

to be honest id take whatever they will do for you, because its really a your word against their’s situation.

i showed the guy the front end before i even got in the car and he said to call Monday and that is exactly what i did… i called this morning to take care of this and they said well the report says there was scratches well this isn’t a scratch is a broken clip and now the bump isn’t aligned. over the phone i said you love fucking people over don’t you and he said “yep, that’s what we do” joking or not that is screwed up

oh ok, well you didnt state that in the OP.

if you pointed out the damage when you got the car thats way different.

did you get a copy of the report? im sure you had to sign a release? did you get a copy of that? does it state damages?

if not maybe they added the damages on after you told them about it and after you left.

I’ll have to see if i can get another report because I’m not sure what i did with mine.

:lol :rofl

but if you ask them for an other report, im sure itll have the damages on it this time if it didnt before. find the original.

what did the sign say anyways?

said emergency no parking Saturday from idk what time i couldn’t read it because it was wrapped around a fucking tree until noon. i could understand if it was stapled to the telephone pole that was maybe 10 feet away, but wrapped around a tree that was maybe 2-3 inches in diameter???

just a guess, was it perlmans?

yeap…