Passenger power window stuck shut....

sup everyone…

I’m driving an S14… and last night the girlfriend went to open her window… all I heard was a loud snap… and the window appeared to be stuck. After hearing that, I simply raised the window again and attempted to open it… but the window doesn’t go down… the motor seems to be doing it’s job, but the window seems to be stuck on one side by the B piller…

Can anyone shed some light on this situation?

Take your door apart and find out for sure. If 240’s are anything like the 4th gen Maxima then you are in trouble :wink:

I had the same thing happen in my old Maxima…**loud pop, busted window, etc. The motor is connected to a wire pully system that pulls the window up and down. I’m guessing that the wire either snapped or came off of its guide. Ive never had my s14’s doors appart but I’d wager they use the same setup as other Nissan’s.

Fixing this was a b*itch! Good luck, and next time tell yer Girl to leave the windows alone :slight_smile:

Cgguy is right, i had the same thing happen in my 240, the cable in my window regulator snapped, so i just removed the door panel and closed the window with my hand and wired it shut because i couldn’t afford a new one , it’s like $250 from the dealer and $100 from junkyard.

My buddy had his hand over the window when i tried to raise it, and that’s how the cable snapped (he’s a big guy), and he NEVER touched the door ever again. :x

yah take the door apart and have a looksie first. its held down by 2/3 screws at the bottom of the door. take out the little cup thingy where the window switch is first though.

werd!.. thanks fellas… I’m gonna look into this ASAP… I’ll let you guys know if it was anything out of the regular…

Cheers
Mike

Check if you accidently hit the door lock switch.

hahaha… checked.

During my G2 test I pulled the hood release instead of the parking brake release in my dad’s minivan…
But the tester guy had the same model of van and laughed that he had done the same thing that morning.
(Dodge Caravan)

During my G2 test I pulled the hood release instead of the parking brake release in my dad’s minivan…
But the tester guy had the same model of van and laughed that he had done the same thing that morning.
(Dodge Caravan)[/quote]

I freekin’ do that all the damn time at work…