Passing PA Inspection w/ JDM Engine

only 96 and newer get the new test exempel if you have a 95 explorer with obd2 you still get old test only 96 and new get new test and if under 5000 miles you can still exempt 96+

good to know

Move to a state that doesnt do stupid emissions testing. Hell, move to Kentucky where there are no inspections at all. My car would never pass in PA since there is no more EGR and the CES light has been on for months.

gawd…what a fawkin mess. I guess i’ll have to learn all about that once i start wrenchin on the benz’z’z’zzz

What about OBD1? Are there any changes to how OBD1 cars are inspected?

so i have another obdii ecu… do i have to figure out how to transfer my vin to that ecu? fuckkkkers!!!

that’s a good question… ECUs do go bad… what are people supposed to do if their ECU goes bad?

i think the dealer can re-flash your VIN as well as mileage (odometer) and other important stuff. i know my ECU also contains my transponder key so I have to go to a dealer anyway to reprogram that. they also record the mileage into a new ecu as well.

i just dont drive mine and get exempt for mileage. not that my car is JDM or anything

it says it right in the engine bay what to look for…
the computer tells you what it should come with soon as you register the vin…

there a checklist that comes up

the sate has nothing to do with it you could move tomaroww to ohio and if the federal govt decides they can add inspect and emmsion if they want to

no state is safe for it its decided by the federal govt not the sate they have no say what so ever

milage / vin is saved in the eeprom… so should be able to flash over… this fucking blows, even after all this i’ll probably still fail :madfawk: