paxton supercharger on lt1?

have a kit wondered if there are any lt1 guys who have seen this before or anyone who would have some suggestions on the install seems this kit is a mystery to everyone. Called paxton direct and they donr even have the install manual.

I have never heard of anyone putting a Paxton on an LT1 before

I thought that when you first posted up about it

Do you have all the brackets/pulleys/relocation stuff etc. nessesary for the install?

I still find it hard to believe Paxton themselves doesnt have a manual for a supposed Paxton kit…

Are you sure it is even for an LT1? They dont have any kits listed for the LT1 or anything GM pre 97 LS1.

prolly not paxton then maybe vortec?

definitely a paxton for the lt1 they stopped making in 99 due to low sales. the guy i bought it from has the manual but it was dropped in oil or something so it didnt get sent. if you look on supercharged fbody.com there is an example of the kit on the car i understand about half of how it gets hooked up but i cant figure out all of it.

http://1hotz28.cz28.com/

this is a link of someone with it installed

That car didnt run a 12.89…did it? What happened there?

that was all stock plus the blower. at that time he made around 360 horses or so and with 2.73 gears and an auton transmission. stupid setup he was trying to be cool and have a blower. the highlight of his thread was going 200 mph. He since added 3.73 gears some engine mods and is somewhere well over 500 horsepower. nothing to special but still a decent number in that car he would be good for mid 11’s. In any event at least the kit exists and is good for some nice numbers.

Now if i could just figure out how to hook it up. :snky:

Ingenuity. :wink: So, I take it your car isn’t ready to race as of now.

are you sure you have all the parts? i’d take a look at it for you… but i still have to look at grizzly’s car and i promised him that months ago…

i’m a bad guy. :frowning:

This thread is loaded with Technical Discussion. Moved to GA…

Just have PMP install it for you

if you’re sure you have all the parts, it can’t be that hard to install…

yea i know i just got word i dont need any of the electronics so simplifying it to head unit, pully, and some brackets makes me feel alot better. All the system shit was for adding it to a bone stock motor. because i added bigger fuel injectors i dont need the upgrade. Talked to the guy i bought it from he explained alot of extra shit that i needed to know and some of the parts that were throwing me off were a giant laundry looking tube that he used to re run air from the greddy back into the tubing. If anyone can look at this please let me know

:lol: mid 11s and 500hp…that sucks

that was an estimate i never really talked to him but probably close crazylt1 is just shy of 500 and he is still mid 11’s easy i think. if you think different i would like to know because im hoping for 500 with the s/c heads and a cam and supporting mods. maybe im way off its totally possible.

if i were you id get a wideband and an msd BTM, if ur running boost you might need ot retard the timing, which the msd btm does, and id watch the wideband so you dont go lean and fuck ur shit up. good luck

good ideas thanks. hoping to figure it out and get her tuned when everything is said and done given the cam swap and injectors. hoping to at least get the motor running and keep looking into the blower

PM me if you want me to come and check it out. If you have the parts then it shouldn’t be a problem