wanted to hear others opinion on who should tune my car

ok i broke my driveshaft (so 2 weeks ago) but have some oil leaks and a rigged fuel pump location blah blah blah… and petes like just f*ck’n sell it … but thats not happening im making this thing worth it…

and fixing my oil pan leak and back intake oil leak
new paint in spring
fixing the fuel pump situation

…and gonna make a custom version of the STS turbo system yes this will happen and after seeing synapse weld shoot me im having them do it and im gonna have a air to air inter cooler

SO i was wondering if anyone knew of a good DOMESTIC tuner i WAS gonna have kevin from extreme automotive in troy do it but hell he takes a year to find a fuel fitting… (exageration but you get what im saying) so im gonna actually have North East High Performance in clifton park do the tuning! any suggestions

cameo stick with the pro charger idea, turboing will cost you a FORTUNE

sounds good dude

I hope you plan on building that bottom end…LT1 bottom ends are weak as shit and grenade to all hell around 475hp under boost…

just throw a 175 shot on it and call it a day. If you boost it, your gonna blow it the fuck up.

tuners in clifton park?? im from there and have never heard of any reputable tuners in CP

the torque produced from nitrous, especially a uge hit like that, will do just as much damage, if not more if its not tuned correctly.

well from what I have read over and over…the LT1’s love nitrous and hate boost…its the extra PSI into the cylinders that puts the extra force on the connecting rods and bearings and it fucks up the bottom end.

obv. I dont know from personal experience but I have read this over and over on ls1tech from people with personal experience.

no stock lt1 like nitrous or forced induction due to there bottom ends and way to tight tolerances from the factory ,you really need to beef them up to run either reliably

what do you think nitrous does? nitrous increases cylinder pressure, and cools it as well…

Correct, but N2O is more efficent. 100hp shot of N2O = ~3-5psi of intake pressure. To make any kind of power with a blower/turbo, you’re gonna need more pressure than that to make an extra 100hp. Also, like you said, N2O cools as well.

I know if I spray a 75 shot on my car, my intake manifold pressure goes from 22psi up to 27psi… Wait, what? :ninja :giggedy

oh, im very much aware of the benefits of nitrous and boost together. a shot has crossed my mind as well. progressive ramp until 10-12psi has been reached, then it shuts off :ninja

Thats funny my friend had a procharged lt1 that ran great at 9psi. Never had any problems with it.

i would not get it tuned ANYWHERE in this area, im not saying redline is bad but howard usually doesnt tune lt1’s. Theres places like eastside performance in conn. new era performance in rochester, theres a place in Jersey that tunes lt1s. Or you could go with pcm4less which is mail order tune, a lot of these people wont be able to give you a proper tune for your lt1

get a rrfpr and wideband you should be good to about 7 psi on stock injectors. BTW i REMEMBER who you are cameo… you had that beat ass black berlinetta right???

No dude, he had a light blue 3rd gen V6 Camaro

I think I drove by you last night when I was on my way to tail gators in CP around 9:30ish

fuckin awesome drew, you blow the tires off by him? :lol

I hear chris88z24 does a MEAN street tune.

does he have stripes on his hood?

and no I didnt I was driving like a girl lol

yea hes got the stripes