Paypal = Scam

This is the number one reason I put a tracking # into every transaction I’ve done on PayPal. Its the ticket to zero doubt about your sale. I stipulate that the terms of sale include me sending it by FedEx so I can provide reliable tracking. I also withdraw the money as soon as its there. Never had a problem even with selling more expensive items.

There are hate sites for pretty much every company in existence.

Paypal used to do too little to protect buyers and now they’ve made a 180 degree swing. At ton of scammers make a lot of money using paypal so I’m sure you’re going to see lots of “hate” on the web for paypal. Sometimes good transactions will get caught up in these anti-scam policies but overall it will be good for the users.

Are there alternatives to paypal?

Im just pissed enough that they can just make all the rules they want (only being able to transfer $500 a month unless you get thier credit card, or even their transaction fee ect) without having to be accountable for it. This shit is just the icing on the cake. I wish there were other commonly used 3rd pary pay sources.

I have never had a problem with paypal or their dispute resolution center.

Off Topic: Flipside Tavern has the best fucking wings in WNY. Abbott sauce FTMFW!

paypal is a bunch of scumbags my brother was running a business off ebay, and he provided all information requested all buys confirmed delivery he has over a grand chillen in his paypal because they wont unlock his account till may bunch of scams ill bet they never unlock it in that cause were gonna have a nice little law suit on our hands

I <3 paypal. Very easy to use, and their support now is awesome. I’ve had a few buyers from eBay send bogus e-checks and Paypal immediately have flagged the check and let me know the check origin (all times from Nigeria) before I even was given any fake money.

I think some people bring it on themselves. Paypal does need a little babysitting, but of course most the time it comes down to being aware who’s sending you money, some douchebag on a forum/eBay/internet company or a trutworthy person.

I’ve used Paypal >100 times over the last ~7 years. I’ve had one problem, which was resolved within 2 calendar days.

I have the paypal debit card, have used it a couple dozen times (a cash bonus involved).

I fund Paypal with my checkcard (Visa protection), and withdraw payments made to me withing 24 hours.

A little bit of vigilance goes a long way.

I live 2 minutes from there. Abbot sauce is god.