PayPal scammed - opinions and info

So I was attempting to buy something via PayPal and being the trusting/not so smart type paid via friends and family which means I can’t dispute non-receipt of goods. I’m going to file a dispute on PayPal anyway along with my bank to see if they can help. Anyone have any guidance from past experiences?

Also, I know there’s some techy guys on here, pretty sure this guy is out near Syracuse. I don’t have his number but pretty sure I have his email that’s linked to his iPhone, can anyone get some personal info (i.e. Telephone number and address) in the event that I can file a police report or something of the nature?

emails kodient13209@gmail.com and jryder528@gmail.com

thanks in advance

Paypal sucks and probably wont do much but tell you to call your bank.

This him https://mobile.twitter.com/jryder528/media

what type of $ we talking?

if it was only a couple hundred bucks or under chalk it up as a loss, if more. then spend time on it

It was about $200, mostly just pissed at myself I usually don’t let myself make mistakes like this. Probably gonna let the process play out with PayPal and my bank and if I don’t get it back it’ll be a $200 lesson learned

If it’s pending still in your bank account call asap, if not you’re hosed.

I like when people make statements like this. As of you wouldn’t be pissed if someone walked up, took your wallet out of your pocket and removed two crisp hundreds, and handed it back to you. Not trying to start shit with you, just saying.

call in claiming you know nothing about the transaction. shitty way to go about it but it has worked in the past. took about 2 minutes to get money back

Doing this is fraud. I wouldn’t advise it.

I hate PayPal. No matter if you’re the seller or the buyer, it seems that it works out in the other persons favor.

I’m with you but in this case they took $200 and then moved to syracuse. Would be a lot easier if they were accessible.

A better analogy would be you took two crisp 100’s out of your wallet, gave them to a stranger in parking lot who said he was going to run down the street then bring you back your goods, but instead he ran down the street and disappeared. The money is gone and the best bet at this point is to do what he said, chalk it up as a loss and lesson learned.

Or double down on the scammer’s fraud with more fraud of your own claiming you have no idea about the charge. Of course when you get caught and end up in court good luck with that.

If someone walked up and took $ out of my wallet and then handed it back, you would have more issues.

I was referring to a PayPal transaction, i deal with tens of thousands of Paypal transactions a month, i know how much time you can spend when someone fucks you over.

Rob, but your best in this case would be: Call PayPal, tell them the truth that you sent in personal mode to save on fees and also tell them you contacted your bank, They will try to do reversal instead of having a bank reverse to paypal if your bank will