PEACEFUL ANTI-PROTEST THREAD: Westboro Baptist Church

count me in

I don’t mind organizing this, if someone else wants to hop in as well… First service is at 10AM, so meeting together by 9AM should be OK.

The protest will obviously be in vicinity of the church, so the exact location is hard to say, might be dynamic.

I like the idea of respectful signs surrounding their protest, I think that is a very effective way to convey a point. Wouldnt hurt to bring small step stools to cover the height of their signs.

What else?

were should we meet since we dont want to take parking spots of the greiving families. (I know I can’t spell.)

If I am not mistaken, there is a school across the street from the church on Clarence Center (Elementary School)… I dont think that parking will be a problem on a Sunday.

Saying anything to them would be like arguing with a wall. They believe what they want to the point where it is reality no matter how much it doesn’t make sense or how far-off of “the word” they say they are following…

I hate these people… so I had to make a stupid picture too, just so I didn’t want to show up there and hurt dumb people.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3820/dumbprotesteroq1.png

+karma to Clean Baldy

If there standing in the road can’t we park on the opposite side to help block views?

Yes, these people are professional assholes who would not hesitate to press charges or sue given the chance for money or attention. Do not come if you cannot remain peaceful.

This. (It has been done before to them, quite effectively.)

And this. Do not park nearby. Let those attending the funeral park close. We can walk.

I don’t know, but I don’t think that props & signs are good ideas. I think the best thing we could do is quietly and indiscreetly stand between the haters and the funeral. Possibly linking arms to form a wall. If we have enough people to encircle them, even better. Then link arms to form a cage for those animals.

I can just imagine, one day, they arrive in the town that collaborates to make them disappear.

Here’s how I see it happening:

1. They drive into town, nobody seems to pay any notice.
  2. They arrive at the church, unload and start protesting.
  3. They notice that no media arrives, no police and no people.
  4. Five busses drive up and 200 armed men pour out of the bus and hog tie them all. All the people come out of the church after mass and walk right by, get in their cars and go home. The men and women screaming “We’re going to sue you!” “This isn’t right! This is against our rights!” etc. etc.
  5. A garbage truck appears, and the people are tossed into the back.
  6. “Oops, did I accidentally push the crush lever Bob?” crunch snap fading screams end in silence
  7. The cubed bodies get dumped in the forest at the edge of town, in a hole that just happens to be freshly dug and 15 feet deep.
  8. Police men and the town justice arrive to help with the shoveling and working the back hoe.
  9. “It was God who brought you here to our town. God told us to do it. Sorry, I guess it was your time.” -The Town Justice.
  10. Life goes on and nobody cares.
  11. They plant a few trees on top of the freshly replaced dirt.

Yes, I realize this is morbid. These people really piss me off… LOL

Clarence Center Elementary school is at 9600 Clarence Center Road, a couple hundred feet away. We should park there and stay there unless these protesters actually show up. At which point we stand between them and the funeral, with our backs to them. Meet there at 9am.

^ :lol: we have way to politically correct society to pull that off. I bet if you called the simpsons they would make it into an episode.

You should also be dressed respectfully for the occasion.

Ripped jeans or sweatpants are not appropriate for a memorial.

fry mentioned about circling them and holding hands, along with that, everyone should show up with, I love gays! on a shirt, so then they lose focus on what they really came for and instead are looking face to face with a circle of people around them with I LOVE GAYS. lol

edit: not saying to go and do it, but it is peaceful and taking the focus off of things without violence but i would love to see x amount of people wearing shirts that say I LOVE GAYS. it would be comical.

anyone want to make out and make them watch

:gay: aaron you down??

someone make a sign saying “westboro is like so gay”

They are also protesting at 1:45pm at St Joseph’s Catholic Church, 3269 Main St, just south of UB south. There is a parking lot behind the church that is part of UB South. I doubt that they enforce hang tags on a Sunday afternoon. That looks like the best place to meet, at 1:00PM, unless anyone has a better suggestion?

EDIT: Looks like the best way to get to that lot is to take Bailey south past main, turn right at the back edge of the first UB lot off of Bailey, and follow Hayes all the way to the other side of UB south to that lot.

I’m in for the 1:00 PM meeting at UB South. I’m out for the morning shift. 5 mornings a week is hard enough for me. If I’m up at 9AM on a Saturday I WILL end up assaulting one of them. Plus, by then you guys will know what works most effectively.

make thousands of tshirts that say “westboro is like so gay!”

also signs like micah said

meeting at the school is a good idea, encircling is a good idea as well if we have enough people

“westboro church lady essed my dee”