Penn Dot camera logs?

Does anyone know if there are logs for the penn dot cameras?
I was in an accident here on Sunday:

http://www.nb.net/~finals/cam48.jpg

The other driver was going about 25 mph literally in the right lane, with the right signal on. Then, at the last second cut left into my lane (middle). I slammed on the brakes but there were cars passing on the left and this car was coming from the right. Crunch!

I think my truck is totalled. And now the insurance claims people are saying it will probably be my fault since it’s the front of my car and the rear of the other driver’s.

I would like to find a camera log between 11 am and noon sunday showing exactly what happened. It’s the Kirwin Height camera. Northbound lane on 79. Any ideas?

Have you contacted Penn DOT?

Not yet. That’s next. I was hoping someone had found a link or already figured this out first.

The company i work for has close dealings with PADOT in that area. I’ll pass a note along asking about it.

Thanks, man. I appreciate that.

id imagine they keep records of the cameras for liabilities. act fast. not sure how long they save the video for

Ok. This is messed up. The Penndot guy told me:

1. it’s too much information to store
  2. and there’s no guarantee that the camera was pointed the right way, anyway

I said - It’s the kirwin heights camera on 79. it’s been pointed south all morning. At the exact place of the accident.

Now the camera is pointed north: http://www.nb.net/~finals/cam48.jpg
:wtf:

I will pay $250 to anyone that could produce footage of the wreck from that camera.

Well the 2 people that I e-mailed said that they have no clue about any recordings. One of them offered to forward my e-mail to the tech support folks down there but have not heard back from anyone else.

I might still have connects with the camera people… let me see if I can call some favors.

just got off the phone, he said the same thing.

the only way the footage would be recorded is if the state police called and said start recording.

These cameras are used for traffic reasons only, they reach half way to the next camera in both directions…and that camera films the other half of distance. it is manually adjusted…which is why they are facing different directions all the time. The people looking through them constantly change one direction to the next.

a call is going into the camera people…but he said slim to none will it help any.

Ill let you know if they say different.

Sorry I couldnt help more.

Thanks, guys. Definitely appreciate the effort. I talked to the insurance people again and they are taking my side of the story seriously and waiting for the police report to come in. I was furious about the situation on Tuesday but ok now.

Here is my truck’s facelift.

Looks like McDonalds stripper.

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

if its not totaled I can help you on parts.

i work for penndot and know some of the guys that run the cameras. i can see if i can pull any strings.

Thx. If it’s not totalled, it will be close. Might be best to sell for parts.
Clutch is starting to slip but has a good 4.3 engine and 5 speed. Rear has 3.73 richmond gears with posi, too. Have to wait and see what insurance says…

Lee… talked to TMC…
first, it really isnt controlled by penn dot, but actually a place called TMC. and i tried talkin to a friend of mine there and they said no dice. sorry man

If you decide to part it out please let me know!

Goodluck man, at least you’re okay! There are some stupid ass drivers on the roads, hopefully something can be proven to show you are not at fault!