Penske trucks

Anyone know the gas mileage for the smallest truck they have? Assume a 2000lb load. Thanks.

shit

12-14

if u have to ask you cant afford

he has to get his girlfriend to the doctors, leave him alone hahaha

Going on a trip to deals gap. 1500 miles round trip. $1000 in gas is something to consider.

And, I expected something stronger outta you.

Thanks a bundle!

14 foot uhaul box truck, empty but pulling a dolly w/ a gmc jimmy on it cost about $150 to go 300 miles - and that was doing the speed limit all the way

How many bikes are you bringing? What about renting a pickup instead? Trailers are cheap as fuck to rent, got something to tow with?

Probably doesn’t help you much, but for reference I got 16mpg in my Xterra pulling a 12’ enclosed trailer to Ohio and back last weekend. Towing might save you quite a bit of gas.

4 bikes plus luggage. My truck could tow it but i would be beating the shit out of it. Not a bad idea though. I’ll see if I can find a more powerful truck.

How ever you get there it sounds like it’s going to be a blast! :jealous:

I just drove a 26’ with ~23000# from Rochester to Montreal getting 8mpg, A friend drove a 16’ from Rochester to Buffalo a couple weeks ago and got 10mpg, go figure.

they are efi v8s, so im guessing about 8-10, thats what my dad gets in his truck but he probably has better gearing. The trucks have 35 gallon gas tanks. heres the link if you want it… http://www.pensketruckrental.com/personal_rental/accessories/moving_trucks_12.html

dont tell them your putting bikes in the truck… no company will rent to you. some bs about the engines have to be drained of all fluids er something… i thought about using a truck like that to go to mid ohio last year… so if you rent a truck dont say anything about a motor vehicle bein hauled…

Thats a good tip. But, I have a business account with them so they rarely ask questions. That could’ve been disasterous though.

I think Penske’s site says they get around 10-12 MPG.

I’ve got a 350 mile move coming up at the beginning of August, so let me know what kind of mileage you get.