phone PLAN guys..... phone nerds.

I currently have an htc diamond, it does everything i want but its getting old and battery life on it is non existent. My bill is under $55 a month for insurance, 1350 minutes, nights starting at 7, unlimited data, unlimited text, and a “you pick 3” friends feature…

Heres the caveat… I kinda need to get a new number down here due to the fact my clients are old and cant handle dialing long distance, so id like to keep my 585 number as my personal line (maybe ill get rid of it who knows), and get a new cell on the side.

So heres what i’d like, a new smartphone, I just want it to be “awesome”, Be it a blackberry, iphone, android, etc etc…

Id also like a good reception, good clarity, decent speakerphone, good battery… basic clamshell/bar style phone for business… Its going to hold my clients names, numbers, and texting will not be an issue (80 year olds dont text)

Questions are as follows, how much more should i expect to pay, what phones should i check into, and what service would you go with. (and why) I’m looking for unbiased answers, sprint hasnt been bad for me over the past 7 years or so.

Evolve, etc etc ?
Thanks in advance
-William

I literally just got my new iPhone 4 about 15 minutes ago, and I am in love with it. Plus you can’t go wrong with AT&T’s service.

if you like sprint, that new HTC Evo 4G is pretty baller.

Elso, iphone on att or Droid X (need wait a few weeks for release) on verizon

Those are the 3 best phones on the major networks

the real question is if you are happy with the service. who cares if you are saving a few bucks if you cant use the phone WHEN you need it. if you are using it or business, even more of a need.

Getting into a pissing match between carriers is not what im looking to do here. Seriously evaluate your coverage. You might be ok for your house and such, but I’d be willing to bet you are going to clients houses and such. are there places where your phone wont work?

I’m under the impression sprint is pretty big down south. I’ve only been to Fl a handful of times, so I cant tell you what to expect from VZW from personal experience.

Bottom line: you WILL pay more if you leave sprint.

juat? Friend has an iphone and is always complaining about the lack of service

hahahaah AT&T service/coverage is TERRIBLE. I’ve not heard one good thing about it

will…yes the evo is baller…but battery life is hit or miss. some people get shit for batt…others go for a full 24hours without charging. so far…i havent let the batt fully die…but i figure i can prob can 8-10 hours with a good amount of usage. But i also have a spare battery, so it works out…but you can get a spare on ebay for stupid cheap.

lol I knew what this thread would do. Awesome.

Everything > AT&T

ATT service is great if you’re not using an iphone…

I’ll give you $1000.00 if you change your number and don’t tell your cunt ex-gf about it.

Hm, never had a problem with AT&T, and I’ve been with them for 9 years now.

:clap::tup::clap::tup::clap::tup::clap::tup::clap::tup::clap::tup::clap::tup::clap::tup::clap::tup::clap::tup:

lolz

I had AT&T for 4 months, and I paid to get out of my contract because the service was crappy.

ive been with them for 4 years and have never had problems.
i actually had a talk with help desk yesterday and if every help desk was as smooth and spoke English like a normal person i would be a very happy person.

Why not get a grandcentral (or google voice or whatever they are calling it now) number in your area code and just forward that to your cell phone?

^ how does that work? cost?

google voice is free and was just opened to the public

you get a phone number (whatever area code you want), and then it will forward all calls to whatever number you want.

The other nice thing, if you get an Android phone, it integrates nicely with the device.

Can i have it automatically forward the number during business hours? Does it have a voicemail feature too? I kinda like the idea of having an actual separate phone though, ya know… so i can have it off at night and still have use of a phone thats ONLY a phone.

you can set it to only forward during certain hours.

Wow that’s actually very cool