Physical Therapists in the house?

I have several questions for anyone who is going through school to become a PT or if anyone is currently in the PT field.

Specifically pertaining to school, job opportunites, coursework…etc.

I will ask the questions here, feel free to PM me if you would like.

Which school did you attend and how was the coursework load?

Did you go back for your masters or are you satisfied with a bachelors?

How is the job market in buffalo? Healthcare in general is always in need of physicians, nurses…etc. How is it for PTs?

Finally, do you enjoy the work? I was naive coming out of highschool and did not fully think through the school thing, hence why I want to go back.

Thanks for help, PM me if you want.

I am not one, but most of my friends are. They and I went to Daemen, it is a 6 year doctorate now. So expect to have a ton of loans by the time you’re finished. Unless it was partially funded by their parents, most of them are over $70,000 with little financial assistance from the state.

I haven’t seen anyone have a problem getting a job and most of them are pretty happy. There is a lot of job security in this field, plus if you do lose your job, they normally don’t have a problem finding a new one.

It’s definitely not a bad field to go into.

Yea that’s what I’m thinking, I enjoy helping people which is one of the reason I’ve stuck with customer Service work for the past few years unfortunately is not getting me very far.

Thanks for the info!

My sister got her DPT at daemen. Although you have job security, PT’s are known to not get paid very well compared to other doctorate degree holders. Expect somewhere in the 50-60k starting salary in Buffalo.