Pistol Permit question's....

My only real question that I cannot find an answer to is, if I have lived in in Monroe County for 4 years now, but never changed the address on my license, is that going to be a problem? I can prove my residence with bills, ect. I never changed it because with going to school, and moving somewhat frequently when I first got a job… was easier to keep my parents place a permanent mailing address. Problem is, that is in Washington County…5 hours away.

Any ideas if this will beanissue…is this one of those things where I should just be safe rather than sorry, change it now and wait 6 months?

Any other tips from anyone who has recently jumped through all these hoops?

Crap…can’t edit the title.

i can’t answer the question, however you can only apply for the pistol permit in the county which you primarily reside…so if your license says you live in a different county, im gonna say you need to apply in that county. thats my guess though…

It goes wherever you tell the state you live.

change your address at DMV. its free and they give you a new sticker for the back of your license. wait a couple months, then apply. Its illegal not to change your address within a certain period of time. wont bode well if it comes up on your reference point.

Yes, it will be a problem. You’re applying for a permit that this state will look for any reason to deny and starting out the process by saying you’ve been breaking the law for the past 4 years by not updating your address.

Update your address, wait a little while, then apply.

So let me understand this. Are you saying the state doesn’t want citizens to own firearms? You better make sure you proof read your posts.

Not 100% true. If you work in Monroe county you can apply in Monroe county even if you currently reside in a different county. My wife and I did this.

Either way it would be best to get the license updated first.

Dan

info i posted was directly from the trooper FAQ website.

im signed up for taking the required handgun safety course next wed :tup:

my buddy just turned in his application info and they told him 12-18 months to process and get back to him right now lol

We turned ours in on Jan 18th. We were the 270 and 271st people to apply this year in Monroe county. The clerk, who was awesome, said thats all they are doing. Permits and amendments. So at 23/day average, they are going to be BUSY. Oddly enough I heard someone got theirs in 3 months, received it just the other day, crazy.

Dan

Erie is the worst. I got mine back in 2009 and it took a full year to get it. Applied 12/08 received it 11/09. Shall not be infringed my left fucking nut.

I read that Onondaga is not even going to accept any more permit apps until March 2014.

Dan

^^^luckily it seems to be a pretty smooth process here in niagara county. we shall see.