Pittspeed Fitness & Nutrition thread update:

I am by no means a diet pro, but something that one of my inlaws mentioned a couple weeks ago was an old saying like: “At breakfast eat like a king, at lunch eat like a commoner and at dinner eat like a pauper”. Essentially, if you load your calories into your morning/early meals, you have all day and your workout at night to burn them off. I try to have some cheerios or oatmeal for breakfast with some fruit. Then before lunch I have a snack like cheese and crackers. For lunch I have a salad w/ a little dressing, or a wrap, or a sandwich (usually lunchmeat or tuna). Then I don’t eat much until dinner and I just like to have some grilled chicken or fish with rice and a veggie. If I am going to the gym I try to eat earlier for dinner so that I can digest before the gym. Also, I have heard you aren’t supposed to eat within 2 or 3 hours of going to sleep. You may want to consider pushing your calories towards breakfast and lunch and then having a normal sized dinner before your workout and then skip the second dinner before bed. Try just doing a protein shake or a piece of fruit if you need to eat something. It will take a few weeks (you’ll probably be hungry at night) but you will get used to it.