Pittspeed Fitness & Nutrition thread update:

Boxing is great to help you get in shape. To lose body fat I maybe taylor a boxing routine where you would go all out for 30 seconds then take it easy for 30 seconds and repeat. I would stay away from picking a cardio routine where you maintain a asteady speed for a long period of time…this will help you lose weight but you will lose muscle at the same time. Sure it is good for your heart but there are better ways to lose fat that are good for your heart as well. Training aside it, if you really want to drop some pounds you have to get serious about how you are eating. No excuses…just stay consistent eating healthy wholesome foods…no processed garbage. Try eat clean while reducing your calories and eating 5 times/day and for the first few months you will drop a lot of weight quick. That is if you are staying true and not cheating at all. For a week try to keep track of what you are eating and track the calories/protein/sat fat/un sat fat/carbs to get an idea of what you are eating. I would say to lose weight somewhat quick and healthy a calorie range of 1,600-1,900 would be a good goal to set. I would say a good dinner would consist of a lean meat or fish, a lot of veggies, and a small portion of some kind of a complex carbs. Eat clean, try to start tome kind of HIIT (high intensity interval training)…and try to lift weights a few times per week and I will say a realistic rate to lose weight will be 10-15 lbs per month…keeping in mind the thinner you get the harder it is going to be to drop weight.