Pittspeed Fitness & Nutrition thread update:

ok well here is the problem with going hardcore in your resistance training while dieting with cardio. the weight training is going to breakdown your muscles which need more protein, fat and carbs to repair themselves. the diet is going to be limiting your calories so you lose fat which may not be enough to let your muscles repair. so what happens is that you end up going into an overtrained state and progress stops and sometimes you even start to lose progress.

my advice is that since your diet isnt generally the cleanest changing it to something healthier will help you lose fat regaurdless of how you train. so try out a better diet with hardcore training and see how you feel. if your body responds well by seeing gains in muscle and fat loss then keep going. however if you feel sluggish, tired and constantly sore then stop and we can figure something else out.

Jimmy

another question 240…

I have been reading up on CNS overtraining. Normally I do all my sets until I reach failure and sometimes I have my spot (smokey) help me on 1-2 more reps. Reading up on CNS overtraining is saying this is not the best route to go. Basically is sums up to stop b4 you cannot rep a weight anymore. This is hard for me to swallow considering it is basically saying dont work as hard and get better gains. I just wanted to get you thoughts on it.

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-cns-overtraining.asp

i rarely if ever train to failure or force reps so i dont have personal experience with this form of overtraining. the article isnt saying that you shouldnt force reps and train until failure in general. its says that regular use and abuse of these techniques is bad.

although the idea that you can overtrain your PNS and CNS is kinda hard for me to swallow. however the article is quite interesting and something i want to research for my own personal knowledge.

i really dont have much advice except for stop the failure and forced rep sets every chest day. you should be working in a rep range such as 8-12 reps. how that works is that you use a weight that allows 12 reps at most and atleast 8 reps per set.

Jimmy

i rarely if ever train to failure or force reps so i dont have personal experience with this form of overtraining. the article isnt saying that you shouldnt force reps and train until failure in general. its says that regular use and abuse of these techniques is bad.

i agree. for about 6 months, thats all we did was train very heavy to failure and then beyond for a rep or 2. got impressive gains for awhile and then we hit a max… we plateau’d. we hung at the same weight for alittle while then started to go downhill… so we changed up our workouts and didnt gain anything else but hung for alittle while at a lighter weight range than before.

it sucked. i hated losing all that. so we took a week off and didnt do anything. and we now went back to our old workout. we’ll see how it goes.

Hey, good to see people gettin into fitness. Over here the gym’s one of the few things I’ve had to keep me sane and stress free (gym, bass, car stuff). I started lifting years ago, and never really made a whole lot of progress with it. Yeah, I could do crazy weight for my size (then 5’7, 140lbs), even used to max my bench out at 285, but I never gained mass or toned up, I just got stupid strong. What changed things around for me is when I started climbing. Within 4 months of starting to climb I’d packed on 15lbs of pure muscle, and probably shed about 5% body fat. I really toned up. The best way to give your work great results is to find an application for it. For me, climbing was a lot impact, high energy, slow burn event. I’d climb for 3 or 4 hours at a time, and just burn crazy energy. More than I ever burned running, cause it’s full body. It gets your heart rate up, and it’s not hell on your ankles or knees. You wanna make leaps and bounds of progress, find a sport that really taxes your body.

since i dont lift i cant really participate but jimmy is absolutely right about one thing. eat more meals. i lost about 15-20 over a year starving and exercising (mild free weights).

since mid spring with just walking my dog and eating when i’m hungry, not eating till i’m full, just till i’m not hungry. i’m losing about a pound a week. and the picnics and party foods dont hurt bc one, i dont eat as much at them (smaller stomach? from smaller portions over time?) and two, they’re just one meal of that day not THE meal of that day.

this doesnt take any dedication, and i’m acutally eating more food than i used too. :smiley:

oh: plus LOTSA water

Hey I wanted to revamp my entire routine for a fresh/better one. This is what I came up with…let me know what you guys think. Keep in mind for certain exercises i will be switching from BB to DB or cables from time to time to keep it somewhat fresh. Feel free to point out any flaws you may see as well.

Day1: Chest/Back
Incline BP 3 x 8-10
Bentover Rows 3 x 8-10
Flat BP 3 x 8-10
Lat Pulldown 3 x 8-10

Day2: Legs/“Big exercises”
DL’s 3 x 8-10
Squats 3 x 8-10
Cleans 2 x 6-8
Leg Curls 2 x 6-8
Calves raises 2 x 10-12

Day3: Bi’s/Tri’s
Standing or preacher EZ curl bar 3 x 8-10
Close grip or reverse grip BP 3 x 8-10
DB Curls (hammer,incline or reg) 3 x 8-10
Tricep extensions 3 x 8-10

Day4: Shoulders/Traps
Military Presses 3 x 8-10
side/front raises 3 x 8-10
Shrugs 4 x 12

Do you have a decline bench? I saw a big jump in size and strength from adding decline into the mix.

Ya my bench does decline…I thought about swapping them in from time to time…now I do them all the time

Shit.i odn,t have time to lift anymore…but my job keeps me in shape now. Lifting logs and taking down trees,if not doing that then digging or carrying heavy shit all day.

changing the angle of the bench works various parts of your chest. incline bench primarily works your upper, flat works middle and decline works lower. so using all three will help you achieve semetry in your pec muscles.

I heard they have ephedra in some products again

if so let me know what ones

Mega Pro VasoPro. you need to stack that with caffeine and asprin for an effective fat burner. if you want some extra kick add some synephrine to the stack.

that stack will be better than Xenadrine RFA-1 was :):slight_smile: i should start buying all of the components and packaging them together:):slight_smile:

Jimmy

pm me wwith what to get i am a little confused

i put a little more weight on than i wanted to lately

don’t wimp out and take a pill. eat less and exercise more.

not allowed to exercise till i get cut with the knife

4 surjuries coming up in the next year

im pretty sure everyone will be asking for these ingredients.

Each serving should contain:
25 mg Ephedrine
200 mg Caffeine
100 mg Aspirin

you could also add Synephrine about 60mg.

you can find all of these ingredients on bodybuilding.com

MegaPro VasoPro - Ephedra

you can use any over the counter asprin as long as its the only ingredient.

link for caffeine

link for synephrine

you should take 2 or 3 servings a day spaced evenly apart and about 6-8 hours before bedtime. if you take it too late at night youll never sleep.

Jimmy

240 what do you think of my new routine? You see anything that is out of place or anything I need to change?

the last time I visited pittspeed was 4-3-04. and in those two years Mike has become a normal looking human being, I am astounded.

wanna fuck?