Pittspeed Fitness & Nutrition thread update:

I have a memebership at Champion Fitness right by Baldwin High, I can only go tue, thr, sat, sun… so on those days I go there if I can…for 4 only 10/mo cant beat it. Do you mean complete fitness by the county airport?

Well if you want I lift at like 8PM or so and am need of a lifting partner when smokey doesnt lift…the g/f spots me now but I don’t feel too safe when I have something that weigh over twice as much as her on the bar.

rednecktruck, here is a easy way to get to #300 quick. 135x10, 185x2, 225x2, 245x2-sets start with that. every week, add 5lbs total to your last set. so in 4 weeks you will be doing 265x2, and so on. it is a good way to get some weight without having to max every week

and only lift chest 1 time a week?

I will try that starting tonight

where is champion by the high school? I only got a 3 month membership at complete fitness(right behind wendy’s on 885 and lebanon church) and it is up in mid September. I may have to check out your gym.

It is the old Cadillac Dealer right across the street…right next to the fire station/ems. Look into it I think now he has $20/mo and you can go every day…if you dont want to pay anymore, I have a bench, squat rack, latpulldown machine and 300lbs weightset (soon to be more) you can lift with me…I have a pretty solid routine (see a page or 2 back)…just a thought.

Champion is decent for the $$ it is not as nice as some other gyms but for $10 or $20/mo you cant complain…they have a ton of free weights and a decent variety of machines

only once per week. EVERYONE LISTEN: IF YOU WANT SIZE/STRENGTH-TRAIN THE MUSCLE ONLY ONCE PER WEEK. IF YOU WANT DEFINITION/TIGHTER-LIFT THEM NO MORE THEN TWICE PER WEEK. doing it only once per week lets you train harder, and in turn heavier, and you get the picture. more then once builds definition. try it out. its a good way to get strong.

I have always dont each muscle group once per week. Well directly at least, it is hard to have a split where you don’t train a muscle group more than once a week indirectly. Muscles should have about a wekk to heal/grow befire tearing them down again.

your right. but some people train their muscles twice per week. i thought you were doing that. anyway, take my plan for about a month or so, and see how much your bench goes up. it should go up at least 20lbs. good luck.

For the next 3 weeks I am doing drop/strip sets…load up some heavy weight go till failure, no rest take off some weight press till failure again, and I do this 3 times tillt here is 135 on the bar. I will do 2 sets insead of 3 sint it is high intensity and I dont want to overtrain. Those have alway produced awsome results for me.

As for my “bulk” I started on Aug 23 and weighed 202 lbs and today (sept 2nd) 10 days later I am 208 lbs. On Sept 14th I am starting my cut…I hope to be in the 212 range by then and will prob cut for about 3 weeks or so and be a more lean 206-208. Well that is my goal at least I think i am doing decent so far.

With proper nutrition, a young person should be able to recover in less than a 7 days. 2x a week might be a stretch if you’re really busting it, but a 4 or 5 day rotation is a good idea. Most people don’t want to keep track of that though since each muscle group will keep changing days of the week.

Today I weighed in at 212 right on par with my goal. I did HIT where i did drop sets, rest-pause, and strip sets and got awsome strength gains. I am going to cut for the next 3 weeks and see if i can get down to about 208 to shred the little bit of fat i gained during the bulk.

In a couple of weeks I am thinking of switching to the Bill Starr 5x5 routine. Here is a link to it lot of reading but seems solid and there are a ton of people who have had great results from it. Also there is a awsome Excel file where it makes your routine foe you where you just put in what weight and reps you use for certain exercises. anyone else use this?

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

the only way is to try it out. see how it works out for you. its always a good idea to change your workout evety few eeks, so your muscles never get used to the same routine.

I agree…I made a change a few months ago and now I think I am due for another. From what I hear it is an awsome routine. So we’ll see

hey so how about this…I’m down 10 pounds since the last time I weighed myself. I guess that was probably around the middle of the summer.

<-------175 now mother fuckers

is that good? if your trying to lose weight, good job. remember, its not about weight, its about how you are proportioned.

nah, I’ve been trying to tone up more, not necessarily loose weight. oh well I’m not complaining because it wasn’t muscle

cool…now start eating more but clean and lift hard while doing all the “big lifts”

Yeah, eating clean is huge, but pretty hard to do in our society. We’re surronded by so much great smelling, horrible nutrition.

And deep-fried foods are linked to prostate cancer, so I figure cleaning up the diet is pretty important. http://prostatecancer.about.com/od/riskreducers/a/SatFatFried.htm

I haven’t lifted in almost forever :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I feel like shit right now but I haven’t had time. Hopefully in a month or two I can get back into it. :x: