Places for Custom brake lines ASAP!!!

:crying: I need to have a 2 ft long braided brake line with AN-3 ends made. I’m in a bit of a hurry or I’d have Pegasus make it for me…

I also need, one each:

AN-3 to M10 x 1.0 adapter
AN-3 to M12 x 1.0 adapter

Both adapters must terminate in a 45 degree inverted flare (countersunk)

Does anyone know of somewhere local (I’m in Brentwood) that would be able to make the hose and have fittings in stock? I know there is an Aeroquip dealer in Greentree, but I doubt they’ll have the AN-3 brake hose. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

My only other option is to cut and re-flare an existing line…does anyone know if the store bought flaring tools will be able to make a 45 degree inverted flare? I asked the people at Advanced…and they had no clue (I expected that)

Thanks!

So I’m guessing the brake lines that came in weren’t the right ones?

5 out of 6 were perfect, the last one is apparently specific to an RS master cylinder…which has it’s LF outlet on the opposite side. I suppose I’ll be going to the junkyard to hopefully find a Civic one that’ll work if I can’t get a custom one.

Tri State hose supply in Coraopolis they now make DOt brake lines
http://www.tristatehoseandsupply.com/

Just got off the phone with them:

they do not stock metric inverted flare fiittings/adapters

according to them DMV restricts braided line on an inspected vehicle to 24", and only between the hardline and the calipers…NOT from MC to prop valve.

He did say that he thinks I should be able to bend the new OEM enough to get it to work without cracking, but it has to make a 180 degree turn at one end to work.

in other words no dice, any suggestions?

next question where is this line?
i am gathering MC to prop valve?
can you just make a hard line?

Sort of…

I deleted ABS, so the old hardline is useless. I bought a new OEM hardline and apparently the non-ABS integra has both MC outlets on the same side of the MC. Mine has them on opposing sides, so it’s 180 degree out of position.

If I can cut and reflare the line I can get the new one to work, since it is long and has room to be cut. I’d have to buy a flaring tool to do this, hence the reason I asked if the parts store flaring tool can do a 45 degree inverted flare. I don’t know if all inverted flares are 45 degree, and the tool just has provisions for different OD tubing or what.

same goes for if I buy a new straight hardline, i still have to buy a bending tool and a flaring too and re-use the OEM fitting I still have.

What do you think?

just buy metric line and bend it

the only inverted flares that are not 45 that i know of is AN flares they are 37

i have an AN flareing tool you can use it if it helps you in any way

try this place

http://www.so-calspeedshopeast.com/

Thanks, that helps. I assume that means that a flaring tool is a 45 degree punch.

If I have to go to braided AN lines from MC to prop valve I may take you up on it. Any comment on the legality of braided lines (specifically from the master cylinder) on a street car?

Just called So-Cal, they don’t have the adapter either, shit.

most parts store flaring tools are garbage, you need to use a quality double flaring tool which i have one you can use just call me at 412 554 7140 if you need to use it

I just sent you PM, then I realized you are super close. I actually moved from Dormont to Brentwood a couple of months ago