powersteering line specific*

hey guys im looking for just this line. i have everything else. nissan doesnt sell just this one line. i was wondering if anyone would have this. if so pm me. or if you know a place that can make me a hardline like that it will be great! thanks

pm me!!!

http://i20.tinypic.com/2wexetv.jpg

need this as well

NAPA sells it. but its not bent

it has a special flange on one of the ends. i dunno if one from napa would work or else i woulda picked one up already. anyone can confirm?

omg is that the one that connects from the steering rack on the driver side and goes to the front … near the driver lights?

b/c I need that one …

O.o

yes its the one that connects to the steering rack to the high pressure soft line

fudge cakes!

someone find a way to GB it!!!

is that not just a piece of tubing with flare nuts on each end? Is that the piece that goes across between the T/C rod brackets?

I’m going to go eat at nissan tmr.

yea it looks like a brake line sorta. but the flared end on the steering rack side is flared differently. i dont know if a brake line from cdn tire would work?

if its the one im thinking of, mine rusted out and blew on me on sunday, I went to cdn tire got some tubing and a couple clamps. $7 fix Ftw

yea my friends old car was like that. it blew out eventually when we gunned it down a road. then all the smoke came out, thought we blew the turbo, but we actually blew the power steering line that was fixed just like you said.

soo yea i dont wanna go that route. and my line is too fucked to do that anyways.

same here… it’s all pooped.

if the threads on either fitting for the hp line are still ok (as in the line itself actually blew and the fittings were still torqued in), what i did once was discard the old line, picked up brake lines from CT, then used one fitting as the original (the one going to the driver’s side lamp), and used a coupler for the other side in combination with the original fitting for the rack. So the end by the driver’s headlight remained the same. The other end going into the high pressure connection of the rack has the original fitting, then some brake line flared into a coupler, which is then connected to the first bit/the rest by flaring it and screwing it into the other end of the coupler. Then I wrapped a bit of teflon tape around the threads and it held up fine.

but if you want it properly done you should get the right fittings again from nissan, use some brake line from CT to save some costs, and flare out the lines yourself to fit the new fittings.

where di you get the flaring tool?

my buddy had a set. not sure where he got it from though. does ct not sell them? if anything just go ask a shop that makes brake lines and ask them where they got a set if nothing pops up here.

canadian tire, parts source, etc… sells or rents them.

supposedly tha ghetto way of flaring brake lines is to use a philips screw driver xDDD

anyways my line is too fubared to do that. i need another one.

i wonder if hydraulic shops can help me flare that end?

anyone know or work in a hydrualic shop?

You could probably have a new line made with SS lines and AN fittings. Just take the old line into a hydrolics place and I’m sure they can make you up a presure line.