Plants/Vehicles affected by American Axle strike

Guess where the next Camaro rear-end is made?

http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2006/09/18/daily29.html?jst=cn_cn_lk

I like that unions try to make it so no matter what the position, an employee can make enough money to live.

I think the hired an fired standards need to changed though. I’ve heard some interesting stories about how hard it is for a UAW company to fire someone.

The Construction guys I know work hard for their money, and they don’t really get as much as what seems to be reported. Its the government worker positions that seem to have a lot BS positions and such, its unbelievable how much politicians make.

I work residential construction right now, and honestly, it doesn’t make sense that an engineer can make so much to design something in the perfect paper world, then the guy who makes this paper into something can make so much less. It would seem that (at least in residential) that a lot of these designs simply don’t work or are impossible to make.

Maybe if the guys at the top of todem pole had to work at the bottom they would understand what its like, and honestly, it would make the top that much better just from the experiance.

Some people are just not cut out for manual labor, getting dirty, building things, etc. Althought it would seem the best in any field, seem to know and have done everything from the bottom up.