Plasti Dip Trunk/Hood/Roof?

I am decided to plasti dip my wheels as soon as it warms up a bit this year. My question is has anyone else done this on parts of their car? Being able to come off is a major selling point but wondering how it works on the body panels of a car.

Ideally I would like to do the grill, hood, roof, and trunk but curious on costs and how hard of a project this will be do to over a weekend. Biggest thing I have hard is if I want to take it off at some point, the more layers, the easier it is so don’t skimp out. Been looking at these kits. https://www.dipyourcar.com/Pro-Car-Kits-cat/

Lastly, if this is a big job, who locally could spray it.

Windshield.

No

buy a can and test it on something disposable. It has to be sprayed decently thick to just peel off otherwise you will have to spend hours trying to rub it off… wow that just sounds wrong. anywho if you like it you can spray it on just about any smooth surface and remove it later. Lots of info online to decide whats right for you.

You could always wrap it too.

New top coat is hitting the market from them this March. Early testing shows 95-96% gloss. You can YouTube the new top coat just by searching “dipyourcar”. It’s pretty amazing how far this stuff has come along.

Sent from my iPhone 6

[ATTACH]34568[/ATTACH]

My wheels are done with 4 coats of matte black and 3 coats of glossifier. Rattle can of course.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I did my whole mk4 jetta

It really does turn out amazing when done with a paint sprayer, some of the cars this guy has done look amazing.

Interested in seeing how the new top coat will look. I want to do my wheels but don’t want the matte finish.

This

Nice. I think I am doing this with my ///M rims this spring when I can do it outside with rattle can. I was looking at wrapping the roof with 3M vinyl. Some people 1addicts had some awesome looks with vinyl but the thing is that someone needs to do it right since the antenna/nav on the roof is a pain to get on off and vinyl from what I read.

One of my friends did his on his e92, he wrapped the roof but sprayed the antenna. Used a nice razor knife to cut around antenna.

Sent from my iPhone 6