Tried Plasti-Dip for the first time

Got bored on Friday so i decided to plasti-dip my grill. It works like spray paint but it dries as rubber for easy removal. So if i didn’t like how it turned out it would come right off. Used a little over half of a can and put about 4 or 5 coats on. I think it turned out pretty good. My main concern was if it would chip or come off when i washed it so i took it through the car wash yesterday and it held up fine. Ive seen a few guys do this to their badges and rims and it seems to last. If it ever does chip you could peel it off and do a fresh coat or just touch up that spot. I think badges are the next step and maybe the rims when i have a whole day to kill.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n494/Jimshorts868/Car/downsized_0829111432.jpg

NOW DO THE WHOLE CAR.

Yep works great. I did part of my Z in Plasti-Dip and if you need to fix it, just peal it off and try again :tup:

It just peals off?

Sounds complicated. I would think it would just peel off.

<3 x’s 653,765,110

Hey some guy named Jim Shorts just won tickets on the radio today. lol

do the inner headlights for fun. would look evil.

did my badges, grille, and my old beater bike with plasti-dip 2 years ago. Not one single chip on anything! Holds up great, looks great, easy removal!

Black out the hood ornament.

i was going to but i just ordered this instead
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n494/Jimshorts868/Car/3731251866_5027b5be5f.jpg

I like that better!

my goal is to eventually murder this thing out

Careful now, that style can suck if overdone.

Is it possible to “over-murder” something?

Hmm I might try this on my rims this weekend…good to know!

I use this shit on everything! You can put 3 coats of plasti dip on and paint over it with any color spray paint you want :slight_smile: It peels right off lol…

haha i dont know if you can over murder something but if you half ass it it wont turn out that well… ive seen a few of these completely murdered down to the head lights and they look awesome.

I like the look of a few badges and trim, but headlights / taillights / etc :tif:

this is where i get my inspiration from… i love how this guys car turned out

^ looks nasty…i did my wheels with a base coat of plasti-dip and paint over them…holds up great so far, just concerned with how it will or will not peel off

I don’t get the plasti-coat thing…it peels off? So it’s basically not durable?