Playstation 3

Some places already had pre-orders and sold out obviously. Gamestop said they had about 50 and sold out in 20 minutes. He did say it was a signifigantly less amount of pre-orders than the Xbox 360 too.

I have 2 pre ordered , one is paid off other i owe like 100 or so.
gamestop i preordered from was getting 16, thats the round about amount each store is getting. i was 4th person to preorder at about 10:45 am. they said they only had 3 people camping outside to get preorders. I stopped at gamestop in brentwood at about 2am for shits and giggles and there were about 25 people camping out…
other store i preordered from i was the last person to get a preorder at about 3 pm, I was offered $200 for my preorder from a 40-something lady :rofl:
yet some places sold out in less then 20mins

so im basically fucked if i want to preorder a ps3?

yes

some places did not take pre-orders and it’ll be first come first serve

i thought ps3 didnt come out to like march…wtf? how much did you guys pay for it?

yeah bestbuy, circuitcity, walmart, toysRus, etc…
i think the only places that were doing pre orders were the game stores.

Watch the market…microsoft will try and adopt bluray very soon. 25gb on a single layer disc…it will become a neccisity because with better graphics and better games come more data space required. Sony doesn’t suck…everyone is just pro-microsuck. Microsoft = One of our countries bigger monopalizers…people say sony sucks because it’s not microsoft branded and it they have had failures in the past…so has microsoft…people just don’t pay attention to it. When it comes to gaming…the japs make it happen…the best video games and consoles will always be created by jap’s or chinese…why?? Because they pwn

I don’t see where you get this corrolation from. Sony failed with Beta when Microsoft was just beginning to rise. Nobody wasn’t buying beta because Microsoft said not to. Even the mini-disc failed without Microsoft intervention. At that time Microsoft was still a giant software company that could of given 2 shits about an audio medium. Sony failed because of their poor marketing and wanting to keep their media too proprietary. Not because people are Pro-MS.

Sony is a very big threat to microsoft now for more than one reason. Look at one of the latest issues of Linux magazine…ps3 is on the front…why? you already guessed it…it supports linux. Now microsoft continued it’s support of microsuck winblows 98(i only renamed it because 98 was horrible) up until earlier this year because linux was suck a big threat to microsoft so with ps3 supporting that it makes them a MUCH bigger threat. Bluray isn’t proprietary…yes sony memstick is but bluray isn’t so that same proprietary mistake isn’t being made this time around. BluRay is replacing DVD’s weather people like it or not and it’s going to happen a lot faster than the CD-R<DVD-+R conversion did. There simply is no media out that will continue to support the large space requierments for todays video games but bluray…even the HDDVD are running low on space with todays games. A lot of people are anti-sony because of the things they have heard. Sure sony WAS proprietary but the PS3 will support pretty much…everything…down to those crappy sd cards.

There’s no question that Microsoft is afraid of Sony and Nintendo. Just as they’re both afraid of MS. It’s called competition. The fact that it supports Linux is, in my best guess, NOT the reason they are afraid though. The fact that there is such a PlayStation following (especially in the Asian countries) is what hurts them the most. PS3 will definitely be a good machine. That’s a given on any next-gen console and there has been that competition between console makers since Sega/Nintendo days. They all have their pros and cons and its up to the consumer to decide which one they want. But to a lot of people ‘better’ is which one gives more bang for the buck. To me, $600 for, in essence a video game console, is outrageous. Even if it does play BluRay discs. It’s just not cost effective for me in any light. But if it was $400 or less, I’d really be interested.

It’s not cost effective for anyone at it’s price…hell i’ll be burning a whole paycheck on it whenever i do get it. But besides that…what the hell happened to your truck(sig pic)always wanted to ask

Yeah, at that price I will have to hold off as $600 is a lot of money to me. But if I was in the market for a Blueray player I know exactly what I’d buy.

My sig pic - just draggin through the tunnels on the turnpike… here’s an old thread that might shine some light on the situation: http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4757

thats the thing that i think hurst xbox360…

like i said before…the PS3 has an integrated blueray player, so the drive reads both DVD & blueray

the xbox360 HD-DVD is a “add-on” so they pigeon-holed themselves to regualr DVD’s for games…cause from what i read the add-on HD-DVD is only a movie player, they have no way to use it for games.

the PS3 can put games on blueray discs…they haven’t yet, but the option is there.
there are no console games out there now that need that kind of space, but i’m sure developers will be dipping into that kind of space when they start making future versions of final fantasy, GTA, etc…

Even though the 360 games are dual layer, they are still limited. Each disc has a standard partition on it of about 250 megs of dummy video data too as part of the security. So that is 250mb less of usable space. I can see a game using more than a dual layer disc simply for cutscenes. They might have to go back to the PS1 trick of putting games with a lot of cut scenes on multiple discs.

Microsoft did me and sonny a favor using dual layer discs though because they (and the burning equipment) are readily available and relatively cheap.

some really good info in this thread… thanks

best thread i ever made? :rofl:

http://www.playb3yond.com/
wow

WOW…im gettin ride of the 360 for sure!!

i just preordered another ps3 at toysrus :smiley: