Poll: GTR or ZR1

+1 for GTR.

I love LSx engines but I like variety better.

C&D review changed my opinion on the GTR.:tup:

All I care is which car will do siqqq burnouts at every red light

couldn’t of said it better

Dont even care about the ZR1, I’ll take the Z06 over the ugly sheman pig of a GTR.

negative, first post specifies I am giving you one of these. which would you like?

meh if i was going to have one or the other…both would perform way beyond i would ever need…so i’d want something different…and i will get flamed by the majority for this, but i don’t see the zr1 as anything more than a vette with an extra 1XX horsepower…if that’s what i wanted, i’d just buy a c5 and twin turbo it.

the GTR is something totally new, totally different and very unique…a whole different class from the zr1…and by different class i dont mean better or worse, just different…apples to oranges here.

well of course more people are gonna take the more expensive car… would you want a bmw 1 series or a cobalt ss :stuck_out_tongue:

shocking how much more car you get with the GTR

i dunno, maybe i’m just getting old

but it looks like something i would not mind rocking daily. not so much with the vette

comfort is greater than star

Well if arnt going to sell it / cant sell it as per the OP then the price is a moot point as both cars have essentially zero value.

I’d personally take the GTR. Huge power + AWD = Fun

I know the ZR1 would be fun too but once youve felt a 500+hp launch with awd you dont want to go back.

yea, i think im getting old too… I went GTR because of all around performance. Comfort & ease of drivability > pure performance. This applies to both cars.

From that standpoint, the vette is still a vette. I’ve been in a few C6s, and they are twitchy DDs IMO. To be fair, I havennt been in any GTRs, but based on the marketing, and the reviews insofar, I’m pretty sure that the Nissan is gonna be a better daily.

I’m not going to choose one of these cars because of what it can do in the 1/4, or on the road course, or @ the ring when I consider that I may use the car for that purpose <5% of the miles I put on it.

ALtho, I like the overall looks of the vette a hell of a lot more then the GTR… IMO the GTR looks bloated & awkward. But I’m going to spend most of my time looking out the windsheild.

I was helping a friend look at some cars and we were at Mike Barneys and they said both their GTR’s were sold for 98k , one guy from Japan and one guy from Australia

yeah. GTR is a strange looking car all righty. ZR1 def wins on looks, can’t argue with that.

I am shocked at how many people picked the ZR1 over the GTR, but hey. They are two completely different cars, almost opposites. I don’t think they could be compared. The GTR would make a great daily as many have said, as well as it makes a great race car, but for the money, I don’t think either would be a daily driver. For the street they both are rather impractical, other than to just show off that you own it. On the street you can’t even push the performance of the two. On the track the GTR is going to out perform the ZR-1 in most categories. I don’t think there is any specific reason to pick one over the other, other than personal preference. It isn’t like comparing two relatively similar vehicles.

lol, i cant wait to bump this thread in a few months, once the head to head shit gets published.

Well the contrversy is over according to the cover of R&T.

The GTR is better than the 911 turbo and the Vette.

Out of the three cars it is the last I would choose.:gotme:

The 911 turbo is the best of both worlds.(For more money it should be I guess)

that’s only the Z06 vette

Yea, I’d take the 911 over either of these in a heartbeat.

But thats not for this thread…

so by your reasoning, what will the head to head prove? cause the 911 lost the head to head to both the gtr and z06, yet you say you’d still take it :slight_smile:

Simple: The head to head numbers will allow me to point out all the fanbois & humpers who are currently talking out of their ass and calling it gospel.

:slight_smile:

Besides, I said earlier that I’m not choosing on performance alone. I’m getting too old for that shit. lol

about what? lol