Pontiac warranty work

Pontiac’s website shows Otto Cadillac is the only dealer in Albany for warranty work on my car. Next nearest is in Mechanicville.

Does anyone know for sure if I can bring my car to any GM dealer? DeNooyer, DePaula, Goldstein GMC? I will call tomorrow but am curious now.

ya should be able to , a friend of mine works at the otto in albany he will take care of ya if ya tell justin that ya know john and brian from park auto

Ok cool. Thats where I was planning on going. Thanks

n/p justin is a tech there just ask for him to work on it . ill get ya his last name and post it here tommorow lol . i can never remember it

Yes you can bring it to any GM dealer.

Don’t bring it to depaula… What you going in for?

whats wrong wit depaula lol

Nothing major. Before my bumper to bumper runs out, there is a vibration at highway speeds I want to get rid of. I hear some noise from my LCA’s one in a while.

I brought my car in for noisy lifters and they told me they couldnt hear it. I got in the car with one of the techs and said tell me you dont hear that and he said yes I do. I said fuck it I hope something happens I still got till like 2014. It’ll cost them more after it collapses then it would to just replace em now.

it will cost the same man , a lifter job is a lifter job . really man

I’ve read some cases where it damages the camshaft… its on g8board.com

in extreme cases im sure

Well then its a possibility it’ll cost em more lol… There is a TSB out to replace the lifters with new updated better ones.

oh i know , the lsxx have some problems with em .

There are issues with GM engines and variable displacement. Basically the whole idea of cutting off 4 cylinders by removing pressure to the lifters dramatically shortens their life on the eariler engines. There are revised lifters and a reflash on some models. Also on a warranty repair any tech with half a brain just orders everything. You only get paid to fix the car the first time and GM foots the bill for the parts. So you replace everything to cover your ass so you don’t have to do it a second time for free.

IOM has your car ever thrown a p0300 code that is intermitent?

Also any GM dealer should be able to do your warranty work. I get stuck with pontiac and saturn stuff all the time.

My car has never threw a code since I’ve owned it lol That mean my lifters are fine?

Where you work?

Maybe yes maybe no. I really couldn’t make an inteligent guess one way or the other. I have seen a couple trucks that present with an intermitent p0300. Almost impossible to replicate, but once you tear into the engine you find issues with the lifters controled by the VLOM (variable lifter oil manifold) are collapsed and the cam is oftened damaged. Even if it doesn’t look bad you just replace it since cam and lifters wear into eachother and create unique paterns.

Far as the code thing. If the lifters get bad enough they create a vibration that is transmitted through the block that the knock sensors read as a missfire.

go to Northstar Chevrolet. my father took the GTO to DeNooyer for a rearend problem, they said no issues. took it to Northstar and ended up getting both axles, diff mounts, output shaft and pinion seal replaced, as well as the driver seat track that was wobbling.

good job failnooyer.

No warranty on my GM Corporate Poncho wearing imposture.

If you have an issue like that (I’m going to guess there was a noise that you had to do something to create). It’s always best to insist on going with the Tech for the test drive to make sure he/she is actually doing what you do to create the issue. Can’t speak for what happened here, but I run into that issue sometimes, people are very vague in their description of the issue and you only get 18 minutes for initial diagnosis. So if you don’t find something in that time frame and the service manager doesn’t authorize more it goes outside or your working on it for free.

yours is a 98 man unless there was a recall never performed nothing that old is covered