Poor People = Suck <<< Wicked

Let’s set the stage a little to say: My girlfriend’s family and I go to see the play wicked yesterday. Sounds pretty nice you’d think right? Well it was for the most part. We get there and my girlfriend’s father and I get a couple drinks, nice.

We make our way to our seats, which were pretty good. They were about center and maybe 15-20 rows from the front. He father bought us all the tickets, which there was a total of 6, so this wasn’t exactly a cheap endeavor for him. We find our seats and sit down, making small talk with the people around us.

Just about as the bell rings, the entire row behind us fills in with poor black people. AWESOME. Apparently someone with money thought it would be a good idea to just buy them tickets to the show, and just let them go. No one told them how to dress or act or anything. Even though the way someone is dresses isn’t really important, is it nice to dress accordingly. Throughout the entire play they were laughing in places you shouldn’t, and clapping in other sports just to be annoying. I mean I guess I could just deal with it, and I had until they start making sexually rude comments. They were making references to blow jobs, and getting some pretty loudly. Now mind you there are children here along with my girlfriend’s little brother. I give them the evil eye, but that doesn’t seem to discourage them at all.

I figure ok enough is enough so I go and tell an usher. I was really hoping they would kick them out on to the street, but all they did was scold them. They were pretty quite for some time after that, but towards the end they started acting up again. It even got to the point were an old lady said “Would you colored people stop it?” during the last act. I found that so very amusing!

Ugh. I sure do hate the people that were in the row behind us.

The play was excellent on the other hand. The story line is really interesting and the play itself is pretty comical. Definitely a :tup: in my book. Go take your wife, or girlfriend to see it. They will love it and you can tolerate it! J

Ever go to see a movie in downtown Cleveland, OH??? Sounds like the same thing. Holy shit, I swear it’s a contest to see who can talk the most, laugh when it’s not funny, clap over stupid shit, etc.

Bummer to hear your time was spent focusing on the wrong aspects of the show.

This should be interesting…

lol reminds me of my trip to Mexico. I was at a nice resort and a group of trash showed up and proceeded to act like total bags. Got kicked out of the main pool the first day. One of the restaurants on the resort was a very quiet/romantic japanese steak house. They walk in and start shouting about how it’s one of their birthdays, expecting the whole place to sing or something. All they got was the fish eye. Manager had to ask them to calm down repeatedly. They definitely behaved in a way that makes you think that they hadn’t “earned” the right to be there. Usually when you earn something you go through the process that teaches you how to behave with it.

lol @ the old lady. She probably thought she was being polite by calling them “colored.”

Ok. Seriously?

Explain to me why they were poor?

Because they were Black?

some people just LOOK really poor…

It’s just as easy to pick out a poor black person as it is to pick out a poor white person…

(well, you get the picture, i’m sure there are some wealthy people who LOOK poor… A lot of times i think that poor is synonymous with thrashy…)

No consideration for other people, happens all the time, just goto a movie on elmwood and you will see what i mean.

People look poor all the time. Appearance is a very telling characteristic :roll2:

i don’t have any problems with black people (or any other for that matter) by any means, I have a problem with people who are completely rude, have no self respect/confidence, morals or class and feel they need to make up for it by being obnoxious. I have learned through personal experiences that unfortunately many (not all) black people feel the need to act in that manner, especially if they are lower class. Just like every other race/background there are people with those qualities and people without and I deal with both on a daily basis. Personally I think the old lady was justified in what she said, and thats really sad.

Get a job sparkling wiggles

:rofl:

:highfive:

It just seems it’s in their nature to be loud and obnoxious. No im not a racist, but their ethnic group are ones that its normally around

Fixed, happy now?

bravo!

:lol: The thing is, mixing up there and their isn’t even scratching the surface of the grammatical errors in his post.

Way to bastardize the english language while simultaneously posting biggotry. You’re stupid squared! :bigclap:

I was going to say this. However, I then realized how lazy I am.

^Grammar Nazi

http://www.machopan.com/assets/06-08-02_Sieg_Heil.jpg

:lol: @ Fry tossing around the word bigotry.

Fry, people get stereotypes for a reason. When you call out a group for acting just like the stereotype it’s not bigotry.

Do all black people talk at the movies? Of course not. And say they do is bigotry. Do a higher percentage of them do it than other races? I’m not sure because I haven’t seen any good unbiased studies on the subject. From my personal experience going to movies at the galeria, elmwood regal and transit regal yes, that specific race has a higher probability of not being able to shut the fuck up at the movies.

If thinking that based on my personal experience makes me a racist, I guess I better start looking for discounts on white sheets. :slight_smile:

lol, this thread could have been posted in a less judgmental fashion I guess so people wouldn’t get all uppity about it. However I’m with you on the situation, regardless of whoever the type of person is. That shit is so fucking annoying, I could be at a show that I don’t care about at all but if a group of people are doing shit like that I just want to stab them.