popping/clicking noise while braking at slow speeds

Hey,

So i’ve searched on the forums but no one seems to have had this issue… i have 98 kouki with Circuit Sports FLCA (they seemed like they were in decent condition when i checked them out a couple months ago, just some surface rust on the ends) and the TC Bushings were replaced with Energy suspension components.

I hear a popping/clicking (ding?) noise from the front of the car whenever i press my brake lightly and come to a stop. Originally i heard it coming from drivers side, but now its happening on the passenger side as well…the driver side noise is louder than the passenger side. The noise only happens once when i start braking (a light press of the brake pedal initiates it at times), when im close to stopping or right before the car comes to a full stop. This noise doesnt happen everytime i try braking and come to a stop, but it happens often enough.

I’m not sure if it has to do the CS FLCA … needs some grease/oil? or if it has to do with the TC bushings (they were already installed on the car when i bought it- 3 years ago)

Also, now that i think about it…the noise was present even before i changed my stock FLCA for the CS ones. The reason why i changed to the CS ones in the first place was to eliminate the noise as i thought the ball joints from the stock ones had gone bad. ( i got my CS FLCA installed by SG motorsports)

Any info/insight from SON would be appreciated as it is nerve racking hearing that sound.

I will try and post up a video of the noise and when it happens after work today.

Thanks guys!

Are you running coilovers or srut/spring combo?

Coilovers…Stance Gr+ pro