Pops don't like the fast car.

see that being possible forgot you have a mod motor that redlines a little bit higher vs a 5 liter stang
assuming you have 3.27’s and the stock t45

Say what!?
http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr242/jaypurr/1.jpg

I didn’t think the mod motors went as high as the 5.0. A dohc mod motor would, but I don’t know about a sohc mod motor. I still have the BS flag up for 120 or 130 in 3rd. :slight_smile:

Maybe a video would do some justice?

what is the redline of your motor, rear end ratio, tire size, and 3rd gear ratio?

I upped the redline to 6500 245/45/17 and stock gear ratios…

You are a IDIOT. Can’t Express IDIOT enough !!
Stock gears ratio’s could mean anything IDIOT.
not even gonna mention your possible ratio. figure it out yourself.

/ yourself

what is 3rd gear ratio and what is rear end ratio. I am still waving the bs flag.

probly 3.55 gears, 25.7 inch tire, and 3rd being 1.33 ratio, you can hit only 105 if you shift at 6500, which is still pretty high for a mod motor SOHC with stock cams, i’d try shifting sooner and you may run quicker times but thats besides the point

3.23 gears you’ll hit 115 before you need to shift.

120-130 in 3rd means you either BS or you have 3.08 gears or similar…that will get you near 120 by 6500. I just thought stangs had 3.55’s stock with 5 speed

both of you HUSH :rofl:
jper should go back to soobaroo ownership.

3.55 is highly doubtful non cobra and specifically sohc.

As soon as my new transmission is in I will be sure to post a video just to shut you up shaggy, you big asswhipe

If the gears are stock, they are 3.27’s. 3.55’s are Mach 1, Cobra, and 05+ only.

I still dont see 130 in 3rd …

I corrected myself…120ish…And as I said, once the new tranny is in, Ill post a video.

:rofl: @ this all

I can hit 130 in 3rd in my Jetta.
Prove me wrong.

and we all called BS on 120.

I am betting it will be around 110 at the very best in 3rd gear, and that’s including speedo error.

6500 rpm in a stock sohc mod motor, I think you would be picking up parts from the side of the road that shot out of the motor.

no one cares about a VW, so why spend the time?

:smiley:

I just put a cold air intake on…I can go 65 in 1st now.

you should put vtak cams in there, you could then hit 80 in first.

I agree. I own the same car as you jper(with more mods). No wonder your tranny went. Theres no way your doing 130 in 3rd gear. Considering 4th redlines around 130-140etc.:confused: And thats really pushing it. Maybe your GT is some sort of factory freak or something lol.